Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid (Titanium) front window on passenger side won't stay up!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevenmcmacken

stevenmcmacken

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

The passenger window on my 2017 Fusion Hybrid will not stay up. When I pull up on the switch, the window will travel to its upper limit and immediately go back down. I can get it almost to the fully-closed position by doing it manually, but as soon as I reach the fully closed position, it immediately rolls back down. The driver's side window is fine. It's just the front passenger window that is causing a problem and it's making me increasingly frustrated. I've looked at a couple of sites that recommend holding the switch up for a few seconds when it reaches the upper limit but I cannot get the window to stop at that point. It always rolls back down. Argh!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,494 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

It should be impossible for the window to go down if you are holding the switch in the up position.

Lets try extreme.

Hold the switch in the up position for 10 seconds after the window reaches the top.  Then hold down for 10 seconds after the window stops,  Then hold up for 10 seconds after the window stops.  Then hold down for 10 seconds after the window stops.  Check the operation of the window. 

If that didn't work it's time for the dealer to find out what is wrong with the window controls.

#3 OFFLINE   stevenmcmacken

stevenmcmacken

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Thank you, Murphy. The first time I tried your suggestion, it didn't do the job. The second time, it did. The third time it worked, too. The window is now fully closed. I will now keep my fingers crossed until the next time I try it.

#4 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 484 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

here's what I think ... if it is happening more than a couple times, take it to a dealer.  More than a couple times indicates (to me) there is a problem in the door mechanism or something.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·