Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Hybrid 12V Battery discussion-new user

12volt hypermile MPG data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   R-Shoe

R-Shoe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

I am enjoying the mileage benefits of my hybrid in addition to the real time efficiency displays on the dash in my 2 year old FFH currently with 25K miles.

I find myself occasionally becoming a hyper-miler; striving to attain ever better numbers with each tankful. I have gotten as much as 715 miles on a tank of gas, and my overall average MPG for the life of the car is 47.9.

I have recently encountered battery troubles insofar as after I turn the ignition off, the accessories (radio, dome lights) turn off within 30 seconds with the message that power is off to save battery power. Up to this time, I have been able to listen to the radio for at least 30 minutes without the ignition on.

I suspect that my 12V battery is in need of replacement. 

I want to know if I will lose the accumulated MPG data if the 12V battery is disconnected to replace it.

I discussed this with the service manager at my dealership. He didn't seem even to understand what I was saying when I described my problem with no accessory reserve. He told me that my battery tested fine. (I suspect he may not have been all that familiar with hybrid systems) 

I welcome any feedback as to this annoying problem with no power reserve, as well as the effect on data by disconnecting the battery, and any other relevant discussion regarding the low voltage battery, etc.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,841 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Change the 12 vdc battery. The tests the dealer does are not sufficient. These model years have also had a rash of 12 vdc problems but changing the battery is the cheapest first step. Some settings you may lose unless you do a complicated procedure with another battery to keep 12 v power on the car while changing the battery. Don't bother with it. On my 2010 FFH, I reset the long term economy at 10,000 mile oil changes. I don't know if that can be done with the 2013+s which are completely different cars.

#3 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 709 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

I've never seen that message with ny 2015 FFH (42K miles), but when I want to listen to the radio while parked I don't turn off the ignition. The HVB slowly goes to a low charge and then the gas engine starts for a while. Works for me :-)

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·