rickkel

SYNC 3 Map Updates

I just bought a new 2018 Platinum FFH and am loving it. All except for the navigation system. The maps that came on it (manufactured in August 2017) are dated January 2015! I couldn't believe it.

We went on its first long road trip to Las Vegas last week and the maps were so old that it thought I was driving on surface streets in areas that had re-done freeways. There is a freeway transition that was moved from the left of the road to the right over two years ago that the map still had on the left. The system was almost useless.

Out of curiosity, I logged onto the Here website where you can go to get updated maps and they don't even have map updates for 2017 or 2018 vehicles. Again, I couldn't believe it.

The new SYNC 3 system has Android Auto so I hooked it up and was able to use Google Maps which is obviously superior. However using this burns up a lot of cellular data and the USB port doesn't put out enough juice to keep up with the battery drain that Google Maps uses so the phone eventually dies.

This is really unacceptable. I paid a lot of money for a navigation system that isn't even as good as a cheap Garmin. Has anyone else had problems with this?

I have a 2013, I gave up on the navigation system long ago, I have updated it twice, the same errors exist on the updates as the older cards. I feel that if it was ever wrong, it will be forever wrong. Sync it with your phone and use that navigation, or you will be forever pissed. Yes it was 1K blown all to hell. You should be able to buy a phone charger that plugs into the 12V port that will keep you phone charged.