Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

SYNC 3 Map Updates

SYNC Map

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rickkel

rickkel

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

I just bought a new 2018 Platinum FFH and am loving it.  All except for the navigation system.  The maps that came on it (manufactured in August 2017) are dated January 2015!  I couldn't believe it. 

We went on its first long road trip to Las Vegas last week and the maps were so old that it thought I was driving on surface streets in areas that had re-done freeways.  There is a freeway transition that was moved from the left of the road to the right over two years ago that the map still had on the left.  The system was almost useless.

Out of curiosity, I logged onto the Here website where you can go to get updated maps and they don't even have map updates for 2017 or 2018 vehicles.  Again, I couldn't believe it.  

The new SYNC 3 system has Android Auto so I hooked it up and was able to use Google Maps which is obviously superior.  However using this burns up a lot of cellular data and the USB port doesn't put out enough juice to keep up with the battery drain that Google Maps uses so the phone eventually dies.

This is really unacceptable.  I paid a lot of money for a navigation system that isn't even as good as a cheap Garmin.  Has anyone else had problems with this?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   marklally

marklally

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 34 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

I have a 2013, I gave up on the navigation system long ago, I have updated it twice, the same errors exist on the updates as the older cards. I feel that if it was ever wrong, it will be forever wrong. Sync it with your phone and use that navigation, or you will be forever pissed. Yes it was 1K blown all to hell. You should be able to buy a phone charger that plugs into the 12V port that will keep you phone charged.

#3 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 405 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

I have never had nav in any of my cars.  To Rickkel - have you tried using the 12V socket to plug a charger in?  I dunno, but it may allow more juice to the phone. <shrug>

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#4 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Sue me, but I started a separate thread to discuss the SYNC 3 v2.3 update.  Please share your experiences!

#5 OFFLINE   ElectricFan69

ElectricFan69

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 87 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

I just bought a new 2018 Platinum FFH and am loving it.  All except for the navigation system.  The maps that came on it (manufactured in August 2017) are dated January 2015!  I couldn't believe it. 

We went on its first long road trip to Las Vegas last week and the maps were so old that it thought I was driving on surface streets in areas that had re-done freeways.  There is a freeway transition that was moved from the left of the road to the right over two years ago that the map still had on the left.  The system was almost useless.

Out of curiosity, I logged onto the Here website where you can go to get updated maps and they don't even have map updates for 2017 or 2018 vehicles.  Again, I couldn't believe it.  

The new SYNC 3 system has Android Auto so I hooked it up and was able to use Google Maps which is obviously superior.  However using this burns up a lot of cellular data and the USB port doesn't put out enough juice to keep up with the battery drain that Google Maps uses so the phone eventually dies.

This is really unacceptable.  I paid a lot of money for a navigation system that isn't even as good as a cheap Garmin.  Has anyone else had problems with this?

You have discovered - a bit late - how big of a rip-off the in-car NAV is.  Ford's not the biggest offender in this area - other manufacturers, particularly the European luxury brands, are substantially worse.  Between the obsolete/outdated maps, laggy responsiveness, and the obscene cost for map "updates" that are more than a year old, the value prop is not there.  We got suckered with our Explorer - thankfully, I avoided the waste of $$$ with the Fusion.  

FWIW, you can get offline maps for Google maps (hamburger button, offline maps, then select the map area by pinching/zooming/selecting the area in question.  Doing so on wifi will avoid data charges.  Helps for 'dead zones' in cell coverage.  Sadly, the the Sync on the '16 is not compatible with Android Auto.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SYNC, Map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·