Sign in to follow this  
Fission

Best place for spare key is... in the car?

Seems like you will make life easier for the car thief that smashes a window to get in. Now he also has a key/fob.

So what? The fob is deactivated and useless to the thief. Don't believe it? Try it yourself, but leave the window open to avoid the smashing!

Is the FOB deactivated because the security system detected intrusion? I was not aware that the FOB would be deactivated.

I looked in my owner's manual for information on this FOB behavior and could not find anything but I could have missed it.

Sometimes I lock my co-pilot in the car (to keep her safe) when I go inside a gas station or convenience store. I assume that means her FOB becomes deactivated until I return and unlock the doors with my FOB? I was not aware of this behavior and will have to try it next time we are in the car together. In this situation it would seem she could unlock the doors and exit only by using the power lock switch on the door panel (her FOB would not work).