mgrantom

Unable to activate Sync Connect on FordPass

I own a 2017 Ford fusion hybrid titanium edition. I have been attempting to activate Fordpass to no avail. The current version of sync software is version 2.0 build 16074_product. I installed the Fordpass app on my iPhone 6+ IOS 10.3.3 and added the Ford fusion vehicle. I disabled Apple CarPlay and plugged my iPhone into the vehicle. However when I click on the enable sync AppLink and then click on the Fordpass icon on the vehicle touchscreen, I get an error message saying "permissions error go to vehicle settings to find Fordpass". Then when I click on the mobile apps icon and select the Fordpass icon I see an "enable" and "disable" button however there are no actual items listed below those 2 buttons. If I click on the enable button it will beep but then nothing happens. I have tried a variety of things including uninstalling the Fordpass application from my phone and reinstalling it several times. Enabling and disabling Apple CarPlay. I also tried removing the car completely from bluetooth devices on the Iphone then putting it back and verified that the "allow notifications" is selected in the bluetooth settings. Nothing works. I purchased this vehicle used and I am wondering if there is something that needs to be registered with Ford in order for Fordpass to operate correctly. Any help getting this problem resolved would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-16186-0-38191000-1502309573_thumb.jpg

post-16186-0-78971000-1502309588_thumb.jpg

post-16186-0-20259800-1502309687_thumb.jpg

I had an issue with Sync and my phone. I had a smart watch that was competing for the bluetooth controls. I deleted the fit app and re synced the bluetooth with the car no problems since.