Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

12 volt battery part numbers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeffOtto

JeffOtto

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

I have a 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE(not Energi). The 12 volt battery died and I went looking for a replacement. The online part places(Autozone, etc) list a group 67R battery as the replacement. None of my local parts stores had it in stock, and one told me it was a dealer only part. The local Ford dealer said based on my VIN, the replacement was a 90R which they had. When I went there with the old battery, it was apparent that the 90R the parts guy brought out was bigger. He then looked more closely at my old battery and said that I had a 99R, which he then brought out, and it matched perfectly in size. The only difference is that my old one was rated at 360 CCA(cold cranking amps) while the new one was 480 CCA. My invoice showed the part number to be BXT-99RT-A.

I saw some other discussions on this forum about BXT-99RT vs BXT-99RT-A battery part numbers. I suspect that the difference is the CCA. What I am disappointed in, is the confusion about the correct battery size even at Ford, for the Fusion hybrid. Hopefully my experience today will help eliminate some of this confusion for others.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

My invoice from last fall shows the battery is a BXT-99RT4-A

It has a higher CCA.

#3 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,846 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Just a note, since the 12 vdc battery does not "crank" the ICE, the CCA rating is really not very important. A larger CCA spec probably means the battery is bigger but the FFH batteries should have been more like deep-cycle sailboat batteries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·