Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

New 2017 Fusion Hybrid Battery Not Full

Battery Full Charge

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,846 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

Never heard that!  Hasn't been true with 10+  other vehicles.

Winter is coming and all cars get worse economy in colder weather. There is no break-in period for cars today. There is for drivers and the way you drive. Cold, speed, wind, rain and snow all lower efficiency. When the car is very efficient to begin with, the loss appears greater in mpg.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

Considering that the Energi is the same car as the Hybrid with bigger batteries that you  can plug in to charge.  Why can't you plug in the Hybrid?

Because you'd get at best 2 miles on electric power.  Not worth the hassle.

#23 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

Its 2 miles you wouldn't get otherwise. The last 8 miles of my commute home is city and I get about 7 of it on battery. But, I get very little on battery the next day

#24 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

But at the end of the drive everything is all warmed up and working efficiently.   Batteries are very temperature sensitive, they don't work as well when they are cold (or too hot). 

The Energi model also has an electric heater so you can warm up the interior of the car without starting the ICE.  The Hybrid doesn't have that.

You need to remember a Hybrid is not an electric car with a range extending gas engine.  It's a gas engine car with an electric system that helps eliminate the inefficiencies of that gas engine.  But gas engines are pretty efficient at driving on the highway, so a hybrid isn't going to help much.  Gas engines are not efficient in city driving, so that's where the hybrid shines.  Operating a hybrid efficiently doesn't mean maximizing the time spent driving in electric mode, it means minimizing the amount of fuel used by using the hybrid system to balance out the gas engine.

• Texasota likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,001 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

Because you'd get at best 2 miles on electric power.  Not worth the hassle.

Agreed. No way I would mess with a power cord in the garage to get 2 miles (at best) of driving on battery power.

#26 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

But at the end of the drive everything is all warmed up and working efficiently.   Batteries are very temperature sensitive, they don't work as well when they are cold (or too hot). 

The Energi model also has an electric heater so you can warm up the interior of the car without starting the ICE.  The Hybrid doesn't have that.

You need to remember a Hybrid is not an electric car with a range extending gas engine.  It's a gas engine car with an electric system that helps eliminate the inefficiencies of that gas engine.  But gas engines are pretty efficient at driving on the highway, so a hybrid isn't going to help much.  Gas engines are not efficient in city driving, so that's where the hybrid shines.  Operating a hybrid efficiently doesn't mean maximizing the time spent driving in electric mode, it means minimizing the amount of fuel used by using the hybrid system to balance out the gas engine.

considering how gung-ho people on this site are about hypermiling (which is so unsafe it isn't funny) you would think getting a bit more out of the battery would be a good thing!

I have a garage kept vehicle, flat roads, and a hybrid that struggles to get 36 mpg actual in combined driving.  Yet folks here sing about getting 45 on the interstate!  Sum ting wong here!

#27 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 714 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

I have a garage kept vehicle, flat roads, and a hybrid that struggles to get 36 mpg actual in combined driving.

I haven't read all the posts in this long thread, but that doesn't sound right to me. I've never gotten below 40 mpg, and usually much more than that, on a tank of gas, usually a combination of suburban and freeway. I don't hypermile at all, use regular cruise control, usually brake gently, and that's it. I just let the car do what it does. But don't base your observation on any one short trip; there are too many variables in play. Base your mileage observations on full tanks of gas.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#28 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 80 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'01 Cougar
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

considering how gung-ho people on this site are about hypermiling (which is so unsafe it isn't funny) you would think getting a bit more out of the battery would be a good thing!

I have a garage kept vehicle, flat roads, and a hybrid that struggles to get 36 mpg actual in combined driving.  Yet folks here sing about getting 45 on the interstate!  Sum ting wong here!

We seem to be down to one gung-ho, as the rest either died in traffic or moved on in life or started back on their medications.  And, yes, wacko-bird hypermiling is unsafe and completely not funny.  None of the normal people here do that.

We have one of the 1st 2013s, and have been nothing but delighted.  Getting mid 40s for mpg.  But, wait!  There's more!  It is a great looking car, rides like a dream, roomy, comfy, and has been reliable, reliable, reliable.  Best car I ever bought.  Enjoy it for what it is.  At some point, it will become attached to you and gift you better MPGs.

• Texasota likes this

#29 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

We have one of the 1st 2013s, and have been nothing but delighted.  Getting mid 40s for mpg.  But, wait!  There's more!  It is a great looking car, rides like a dream, roomy, comfy, and has been reliable, reliable, reliable.  Best car I ever bought.  Enjoy it for what it is.  At some point, it will become attached to you and gift you better MPGs.

No question, the Fusion is the most sedan in its class for the money.  Bigger and better appointed than the Camry or Accord for less money. I swapped a 16 with a 202A package for a 18 Hybrid with the 602A package.  Great looking car, just having mileage teething pains.  2nd tank of gas got 37.1 actual vs 38.0 from the computer.  So, better than tank 1, but not close to where I want to be!

#30 OFFLINE   agbva

agbva

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Hybrid SE

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

The manual notes that more accurate mileage is obtained after 2000 miles (after the break in period), but your mileage does seem low. I'm approaching the 2000 mile mark but have seen 40+ mpg on the gauge since new, closer to 45, although the computed mpg's are a bit less.

#31 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 714 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

I'm approaching the 2000 mile mark but have seen 40+ mpg on the gauge since new, closer to 45, although the computed mpg's are a bit less.

That was my experience with my 2015 FFH that I bought new. now have 58K moles and the mileage is the same as it was pretty much from the beginning.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

I'm doing everything but driving below the speed limit and taking 5 minutes to get the speed limit.  I've gone from driving 4-7 miles  above the sped limit to 1 mile over.  Additionally, I stay with the flow of traffic when leaving traffic lights.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Full, Charge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·