Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot figure out vubration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jsonadam

jsonadam

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

I am new to this forum and hoping someone may be able to help with my Fusion Hybrid issues. I have had a vibration in my 2012 Fusion Hybrid for the past year. We cannot figure out what is the cause. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Luckily, I have a good friend that is the GM of a Chevy Dealership so a lot of the exploration of the issue was done at no cost. We are at a point now where they are out of ideas. I am going to take it to Ford but figured out what it may be. So far we have done the following things. Each time we did something below, the vibration got better and was eliminated at certain speeds. Now the vibration starts around 35. It is at its worst around 45 – 55. It feels like it is coming from the rear as I feel the vibration more in the seats and not in the steering wheel.  I am giving this car to my daughter in a few months and I want to figure this out before I give it to her as it is annoying and I want to make sure it is safe for her to drive.

Replaced tires

Balanced tires (Several times)

Road Force Balanced tires

Replaced 2 rims – one was severely bent, the other was barely bent

Cheeked suspension and cv/ball joints

Replaced brakes

Replaced tires and wheels with another set from a same year, similar model Fusion (not hybrid) – vibration remained

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 986 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

A severely bent rim suggests impact with a curb or other object. Was it in an accident? That impact may have affect other suspension components or possibly the unibody frame. I did not see alignment check on your list.

#3 OFFLINE   poolenglish

poolenglish

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

try balancing tires with airsoft 20g pellets, any vibration that has to do with moving tires/rotors etc will automatically be balanced look at the video >

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Which position was the bent rim in?  I agree sounds like there's some collateral damage.  While tires/wheels are the source of most vibration, it's up to the suspension and bushings to dampen them out.  If you've got a bad bushing or bent suspension link, it can magnify even the smallest tire imbalance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·