Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Emergency Tire Repair kit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stmarys45729

stmarys45729

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

Regarding the so-called tire repair kit which Ford provides, has anyone out there had reason to use the item, know someone who did, and if so, how well did things work out? On something like this, I am a bit of a cynic. It appears to be A "Smoke and Mirrors" attempt BY FMC for not placing a spare in the trunk.  I have worked in the aviation world for most of my adult life and am a firm believer in "Murphy's Law".  It appears the purchase of a spare donut tire and wheel is the only solution.   If I decide to do that, does the molded plastic houseing below the trunk carpeting have a tire well below it, or is that space taken up by batteries?   Many thanks for any inputs.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

A donut spare fits in that space. There are many posts here on the subject, including how/where to get the spare and tools.

• stmarys45729 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,409 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

You can remove the plastic housing and fit a spare tire in the well on a Fusion Hybrid.  You also need a jack and a wrench.  If you can find a wrecked gas only Fusion, everything you need can come from that car.

This can't be done on a Fusion Energi because the battery cooling blowers are located in the well and the 16" donut spare is too small to clear the brake calipers of an Energi.

• stmarys45729 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

The reason Ford doesn't provide a spare tire is because if you get rear ended, the spare can push the battery through the rear seats.  Beware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·