J252085%

2014 or 2015 Fusion Hybrid Trunk and TIres

I have a 2010 Prius and want to trade-it in on a quieter and larger hybrid. My research points to the Fusion Hybrid for years 2014 or 2015 (for my price range). The reason is that my wife wants a good sized trunk with seats that fold down so she can put her bike in the back without using a rack. According to reviews the Camry and Accord don't have the 60/40 folding seats.

Do folks find that the fold down seats and trunk are adequate?

Can you use regular tires on this car. The Prius used low resistance tires and they are expensive AND ware out very quickly on the front.

What kind of spare tire does the 2015 NS 2015 have and where is it mounted?

Any other comments before I purchase? I am thinking of the SE because all of the review say the MYTOUCH software is BAD.

Thanks,

Jeff

Speaking as a former owner of a '15 Titanium and current owner of a '17 SE I'll give you the best answers I can.

1. Bike stowage - I could carry my mountain bike if I removed the front rim and then carefully angled the rest kind of diagonally thru the trunk and on top of the HVB (high-voltage battery). Then bungee-corded the trunk lid as part of the rear tire was sticking out. There are bike racks available off the trunk but you also need a holddown strap extender due to the thickness of the vertical part of the rear deck. Roof rack may be your ticket.

2. Seats/stowage - for what I have used the trunk for it is adequate BUT don't expect to haul a lot of bulky things. Trunk is about 12 cubic feet - maybe a bit more - which is the size of a Fiesta sedan trunk. The passthru area over the HVB and into the interior will hold 17" rim/tire sets and allow them to be pushed thru if needed. I swap rims and tread around twice a year.

3. Spare - <smarta$$ remark> Huh? Whazzat? <end remark> There is no spare in the FFH, but there is a "mobility kit" consisting of fix-a-flat and compressor. If you look in this thread, there is a shopping list of NEW Ford parts to assemble a compact 16" spare. In a NEW setup like this, someplace like TireRack can supply the tread. Invoice part# is what you would want to use. LESS EXPENSIVE OPTION: Go to salvage/junk yard and get compact spare, jack, wrench,assembly kit for a 2013+ gas Fusion. It must be 16" to fit in the well where the mobility kit resides.

4. MyTouch - while I never had issues with MFT, others have. Then again I really never exercised it as much as others did. <shrug> I did not have any issues with pairing phone, using voice commands and such but that's as far as I went. Someone else will need to help on this topic.

Overall the FFH is a really good choice. It's comfortable and can give good service. Hope this helps and good luck.

No spare tire and small trunk due to the battery.

I wouldn't shove a bicycle in the trunk, but that's just my opinion.

The low rolling resistance tires are on all hybrid cars because they increase MPG's. I have 45000 on my originals and its time for new. I don't think that is too bad for factory tires. Heck, I only had them rotated once... You can put whatever tires you want on the car, just know that the replacements may not get you that last 1 or 2 MPG.

The MyTouch is not bad by itself. What is bad is that Ford sold it to us as a premium and never supported it in any way. No apps work and no updates are available/

My only complaints about MFT is that it's slow compared to Sync Generation 1 we have in our other vehicle when using voice commands. But beyond that, it's 'prettier' than Sync Generation 1.

We have bikes and I opted to install a very nice and inexpensive receiver on the FFH that works with our bike rack. It has worked out great lets us use the trunk when bringing the bikes on vacation.