GrayStrider

Second Transmission Issue - 2013 FFH

Looking for some assistance - We had the transmission in our job 1 2013 FFH replaced at around the 49K mile mark (thankfully at no cost to us). At a recent oil change, we were told the 'new' transmission has a small leak. Took it into the dealer and were told it would be $1600+ to fix. Haven't had it fixed yet, but talked to the shop that services our other vehicles and they thought we should contact a Ford customer service rep because of having a transmission issue in under 50K miles on the newer trans. Don't know who to contact - suggestions? We're in Southern California. Thanks!

Edited by GrayStrider

You already posted this in another thread and I replied. If you're still under 100,000 miles the transmission should still be covered under warranty. Your warranty booklet describes the procedure to escalate the issue up the Ford chain. Document everything with photographs co-ordinated with mileage so if during the process you go past the 100k mark they can't deny you coverage.

Edited by lolder

You already posted this in another thread and I replied. If you're still under 100,000 miles the transmission should still be covered under warranty. Your warranty booklet describes the procedure to escalate the issue up the Ford chain. Document everything with photographs co-ordinated with mileage so if during the process you go past the 100k mark they can't deny you coverage.

Sorry, was having trouble finding the other post last night. The dealer said it's out of warranty even though we're just under 100,000 miles. Will look at the warranty booklet, thanks for the heads up on that! It's also frustrating that the new transmission didn't start with it's own warranty, that the original mileage still applies to it even though there are under 50K miles on that transmission.

If it's under 100,00 it's under warranty. That's the WHOLE hybrid transmission and the two motors in it. Make sure you have documentation. Escalate this immediately to Ford as per your warranty booklet. Mark Twain made an omission in his quote; "There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." because there were no automobile dealers then.

Edited by lolder

I just ended a chat with someone on the Ford site. This is what they told me: The Hybrid-Unique Components Warranty is active for 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The transmission is covered under the Powertrain Warranty which is active for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I'm at 98K miles. Frustrating because they put a brand new transmission in it in early 2015 - I should not be having issues with this AGAIN, 50K miles later. It was suggested that I contact the service manager at the dealership to verify next steps and a resolution to this issue.

I just ended a chat with someone on the Ford site. This is what they told me: The Hybrid-Unique Components Warranty is active for 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The transmission is covered under the Powertrain Warranty which is active for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I'm at 98K miles. Frustrating because they put a brand new transmission in it in early 2015 - I should not be having issues with this AGAIN, 50K miles later. It was suggested that I contact the service manager at the dealership to verify next steps and a resolution to this issue.

We covered this on different Post, had mine replaced at 98K mi. and it didn't cost me anything. :)

Paul

This is disconcerting as I was one of the other transmission failures.

At about 155k now, if it starts to go the whole car will go

This is disconcerting as I was one of the other transmission failures.

At about 155k now, if it starts to go the whole car will go

How many miles did you have on your trans when replaced? It would appear that most transmissions aren't bad so I would think you are in good shape, besides it would have gone bad by now. :)

Paul

The replacement transmissions were OK.

This is incorrect. It is not covered by the powertrain warranty. The whole hybrid transmission including the two motor/generators is included in the 8/100,000 warranty.

How many miles did you have on your trans when replaced? It would appear that most transmissions aren't bad so I would think you are in good shape, besides it would have gone bad by now. :)

Paul

Original was replaced around 55,000

Original was replaced around 55,000

I think it is safe to say at this point it's not defective and when it fails it's because it was only designed to last that long. It looks like we will probably make it to 200k mi. anyways. :)

Paul