mwr

Windshield washer spray too low

My windshield washers and wipers used to clean the windshield on my 2015 FFH perfectly, but now I've noticed that the upper half of the windshield is getting little or no washer fluid so that portion doesn't get cleaned very well. As a few other posters have said, I see no way of adjusting the height of the washer spray. The real puzzle is why it worked well before but not now. Could it be that the spray has always been low but the wipers did the job of moving the fluid to the top part of the windshield, but now the wipers are old and don't do that job well? The wipers are original (2 1/2 years and 34K miles).

I just had this problem on my 2010. The left spray nozzle was cracked on the underside of the hood lowering pressure. I've ordered replacements from Amazon.

I just had this problem on my 2010. The left spray nozzle was cracked on the underside of the hood lowering pressure. I've ordered replacements from Amazon.

How did you know/find out it was cracked?

My 2013 is the same way, Sprays low, but has been this way from day one. I should have taken it in when I first got it but did not. I don't see anyway to adjust it either. The wipers do tend to spread it up a bit but i would rather it spray up to the halfway point.

My 2013 is also the same way from day one. I took it in for service for something else and reported the issue. When I picked up my car, I was told that they compared my car to two other Fusions on the lot and they were all the same.

How did you know/find out it was cracked?

After I worked on it a little and it quit completely, the hose attached to it's broken nozzle fell out from behind the hood insulation.

New nozzles arrived today from Amazon seller. Soaped it up, snapped it in and pushed on the hose without dropping the insulation. It's shooting onto the roof now. Ten minute job.

New nozzles arrived today from Amazon seller. Soaped it up, snapped it in and pushed on the hose without dropping the insulation. It's shooting onto the roof now. Ten minute job.

Are you saying it's shooting the water too high, or just right? Did you get a Ford or aftermarket part?

It said "Ford" on the two-pack and it's just right. The car's 8 years old and I think the left one must have been cracked a couple of years. I only replaced the left and the other new one is in the glove box.

It's now a year and a half later. I've searched Amazon and pretty much everywhere else and can't find replacement nozzles for my 2015 FFH. All I find are ones for 2008-2012 Fusion, not for the 2013-and-later Fusion. Does anyone know a source?