ptjones

How to Drive a FORD Fusion Hybrid to get Great Gas Mileage

In such a mode the car runs for about 3 minutes out of every 20 at 94º F. in the shade. It burns 0.08 gal/hr.

I'm also a carbon foot print person but I'm also old and fat and it's hot here. It may not even cost 20 cents because the AC doesn't run flat out for 15 minutes like it otherwise would after an hour in the sun. I've tried to figure out how I could pop an umbrella out the moon roof to shade the top and front and back windows without success. That would really cut down on the roasting. I can often crack the moon roof and all the windows in our low crime town except during the summer thunderstorms. That works pretty well.

All valid points, Waldo, but some have an incredible capacity to believe what they want to believe and nothing will change that.

All valid points, Waldo, but some have an incredible capacity to believe what they want to believe and nothing will change that.

Pretty sure there was an earlier comment about how fast he zooms around traffic circles in his C-max for the thrill of it, I guess... Combine that with overinflated tires...

I tried 50 psi briefly in my Fusion. The loss of stability surprised me. I agree that a little more air than recommended can help improve fuel economy, but 50 was beyond the tipping point with safety, IMO. I've stuck with 40 max.

Original Michelin tires.

Michelin guy told you that 50 psi was "the proper" inflation? I call BS.

Tires sliding while properly inflated? You're driving too fast.

But, whatever. You do your thing. I'll continue to lean towards safety, and encourage others to do so, too.