ptjones

How to Drive a FORD Fusion Hybrid to get Great Gas Mileage

I can see the aero mods making a difference at highway speeds, but what about city speeds? Do you gain anything at city speeds?

I use the same scangauge pids as you except for the rpm. I'm monitoring the hv battery temperature instead. I don't have any facts but found the best mpg is when the hv battery is between 60 and 80F, regardless of ambient temperature.

HOWEVER ... 50 PSI is not good, safe or in any way something anyone without a death wish should do.

Same goes for drafting semi trucks.

I run my 2010 ( 33 recommended ) at 38-40. It helps the tire last longer the way the wife careens around corners.

Your MPG is more important to you than the lives of other motorists on the road or your own life. I find that astonishing.

I always found drafting behind trucks increases the chances of rock chips on the bumper, hood, windshield.

Not worth the mpg gain in my opinion.

Or, alternatively, you can forget about all of the above and think of two words -- Drive gently. Much less complicated.