Vlad Soare

Predefined Replies

Hello,

On Sync 3, whenever you receive a text message, you're given the option of replying with a standard text, which you can pick from a predefined list.

Do you happen to know if these predefined messages can be changed? I'd like to make my own list of replies, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Edited by Vlad Soare

Damn. ;(

I was hoping I could change them somehow. I'm perfectly fine with using Sync in English (as Romanian is of course not available, and probably never will), but text messages are a different story - I can't reply to everybody in a foreign language, can I?

That's a pity, because it does look like a very nice feature, and I'd love to use it.

Edited by Vlad Soare

According the manual, the languages used by "the car" (everything but SYNC 3) are English, French, or Spanish. The SYNC 3 system supports 4 languages. The 4 languages are dependent on what country you bought the car in. You might want to check your with the dealer where you bought your Ford to see what choices you have.

From page of 461 of my 2017 Ford Fusion Energi/Hybrid Manual:

SYNC 3 only supports four languages in a single module for text display, 
voice control and voice prompts. The country where you bought your vehicle 
dictates the four languages based on the most popular languages spoken. 
If the selected language is not available, SYNC 3 remains in the current 
active language.

Sync itself is not available in Romanian and I don't think it ever will. Which is fine by me, as I'm happy with its English incarnation.

I was just hoping that those messages might be customizable, instead of being hard-coded in Sync's basic language modules. After all, this is not necessarily a matter of language, I mean even a native English speaker, living in an English-speaking country, might want to define a couple of custom messages which he/she uses more frequently, and which happen not to be on Sync's default list.

Edited by Vlad Soare