Sign in to follow this  
Buster1

Check Engine Light - 2010 FFH

Hey guys, I just wanted to report what occurred and what I found in case anyone else has a similar occurrence.

My 2010 FFH has 108,000 miles on it and the other day on my way to work the check engine light came on, and stayed on. This is the 'hard light' on the bottom of the display cluster, NOT the wrench light or some other indication on the graphical display. The check engine light stayed on for the rest of the day and luckily the car operated and performed normally. I did stop and check out everything under the hood, but all looked normal.

Before taking it to the dealer the next day to have it looked at the light went out. Approximately 36 hours after the light came on.

The dealer was able to pull the codes and it turns out the O2 sensor was shot and the MAF sensor was filthy. The replaced and cleaned the sensors as well as the throttle body and "lifetime" filter. $850 later we are back in business and all seems okay. I live in Vegas and we get a lot of dusty driving, so it seems reasonable that this could happen after 108k miles.

Just passing along some data. Thanks!