Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

FFH 2017 headlights--should I be concerned?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ContraBecky

ContraBecky

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Subaru Forester
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Hello! I'm very seriously considering a 2017 FFH Platinum. I really like how it drives, especially after the dealer let me take one home last night for an extended test drive. However, I am concerned about the IIHS rating of the headlights as poor. On really dark areas, especially when going around a curve, the low beams did seem inadequate. Of course the auto high beams helped. But I'm wondering what other FFH owners have experienced. There are so many great features of this car, many of which aren't available on competitors with more highly rated headlights (heated steering wheel, memory seats), that I'm wondering if i should just go for it, especially given that I usually drive on well-lit roads.

I realize this is a matter of personal preference, but I would be grateful for any insights/experiences of others. I've considered asking the dealer to re-aim the headlamps, but I don't know how effective that would be. Are there aftermarket headlamps that would help?

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 723 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

The headlights (low beams) in my 2013 aren't that great, so I'm surprised to hear that as of 2017, that's still a concern. That said, I've never been in a situation where I felt it was a problem or putting me in peril. I've considered looking into brighter replacement bulbs (kind of hoping an original bulb will burn out), but can't see replacing bulbs that still work. So, I guess it's just not that much of a problem for me, in the end.

244968.png

#3 OFFLINE   kbailey990

kbailey990

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

I'm also concerned about headlight ratings after reading the IIHS article: http://www.iihs.org/...s/topicoverview
The 17 Fusion scored "Poor" on headlight safety, and that prevented a "top safety Plus" designation. I'd love to upgrade my headlights (I have a 15 now) but I don't know how to evaluate aftermarket options. Any advice from our excellent forum experts would be a great help!

#4 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Really horrible headlights were my only real complaint about my 2013 FFH SE. I replaced it with a 2017 FFH Platinum in December, and the improvement of the headlights is major. I have only used the high beams twice because the normal headlights are awesome. Do not hesitate to get the Platinum, it's amazing! 

• B25Nut likes this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#5 OFFLINE   lewisb01

lewisb01

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium (oxford white)

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

I had a YouTube video I wanted to share to show how good the lights are but for some reason I can't add the link.

I came from a 2004 Acura TL with HID lights to a 2017 FFH Titanium w/ LED headlights and the 2017 is better and the ones on TL were great.

I wouldn't be concerned about the headlights.

• Frank F likes this

#6 OFFLINE   rjrfusion

rjrfusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Platinum Hybrid

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

I've had the 2017 Hybrid Platinum (magnetic gray) for 2 months now.  I find the lights work fine esp. with the auto high beams. I had a 2007 Passat before this car and the difference is unreal.  Love the car, go for it:)

#7 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

I've had the 2017 Hybrid Platinum (magnetic gray) for 2 months now.  I find the lights work fine esp. with the auto high beams. I had a 2007 Passat before this car and the difference is unreal.  Love the car, go for it:)

How many miles do you have on your fusion now? I hit two months tomorrow, I have 3,587 miles as of tonight. Averaging 42.7mpg so far.

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#8 OFFLINE   Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Mondeo 2.0H
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:15 AM

I don't know how the Fusion's regular halogen headlights are, but the adaptive LED ones which are optionally fitted to European Mondeos are simply fantastic.

Are they available on the Fusion? If yes, then take them and never look back.

#9 OFFLINE   devinron

devinron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

I know some guys here had success fitting Bi-xenon Mondeo headlights.

#10 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

Never ever had a second thought about my headlights. 

On my first night home with my 2017 FFH Platinum I couldn't figure out why my bright headlights were going on and off when I got off the highway (no idea a computer was in control.)  Even after months of research, I found a new feature in my car every day for a month. 

You will love your Platinum.  You won't find the tech or leather Ford has put in that model anywhere else South of a Cadillac [not even another Ford].  For example, if you drive in stop and go traffic, this car is a must.  Only the 2017 Ford Fusion can stop and start the car for you [adaptive cruise control equipped]. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·