Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

ABS module has an internal failure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gabster555

gabster555

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2011

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hi folks

Reaching out there for any guidance and help

For no apparent reason my 2011 FFH instrument panel lit up with like a Christmas tree and my electronics brakes stopped working. I was able to use the mechanical brakes but it required a lot more pressing down on the brake pedal.

I left the car alone and the next day started the car and all the warning lights went away. I drive to my local dealership and turned of the engine, turned the engine back on again and the warning lights were back again.

I have 147K on my FFH.

Just last month my Power steering failed and that was fixed.

According to my local Ford dealer

"The Advance traction, ABS concern with your vehicle was duplicated ran self test found codes U3000:49-AB0001:49-28, C0002:49-28, C0020:71-68, C0022:1D-68, C0022:49-AB, C1012:01-AB, U0418:00-2B. Performed pin point test and found ABS module has an internal failure, and Hydraulic Control Unit may have internal issue.

Recommend replacing ABS module and then retest.

ABS module $1,490.62     Part number PART# 9E5Z*2C215*B

Labor            $ 310.00

+ tax

I find this ridiculous and to add salt to the injury, the average price of the Ford OEM part is $900.

I am so disappointed  that my FFH is turning out to be a lemon

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your expensive repair bill. These high tech cars are great when everything is working but repairs can be expensive when things start failing and it is painful. But, if your car has been reliable for 147K miles with only the recent power steering failure and the ABS module, then it has been an exceptionally reliable car and it would be a stretch to label it as a lemon. If there has been a non-stop raft of problems and repairs over those 147K miles, then you probably have justification to feel you have a lemon.  Only my opinion. 

#3 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

Yea, I think the definition of a "lemon" doesn't include problems at 147K miles.  The thing with electronics is they usually either fail early or they don't fail at all.  At high mileage, it's often the connectors or wiring that get water/corrosion and cause these crazy issues.  If I were you I'd look for an independent shop to see if they can try to clean up the connections first.

#4 OFFLINE   gabster555

gabster555

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2011

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Thank you Texasota & Waldo for your comments.

Lemon is a little harsh.

I am the second owner of the car. I purchased my FFH with 80K miles on it. I just find it difficult to digest that one morning my breaks fail and then a double wammi being my local dealer wanting to overcharge me on the parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·