Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ejecting Disc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

2017 SE Hybrid.

Occasionally get an "Ejecting Disc" message on display, a pop through speakers, loss of audio, and when audio does resume it returns to the first preset station (at least on SiriusXM it does).

Obviously, taking to service for such will be fruitless unless they can reproduce the issue.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced such, or if anyone knows if there have been enough complaints to warrant a Ford technical service bulletin.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 724 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

Never heard of that. Do you even have a disc in when that happens? Sounds like a short somewhere. I hate problems like this, since the techs usually have no idea...

Btw... What's a disc? ;)

244968.png

#3 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

There was this invention circa 1982, called a compact disc (CD-DA compact disc digital audio) where... well here, I'll let you read for yourself:

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Compact_disc

No disc in player.  When I press the eject button I get a different message, something to the effect, if not exact "No disc."  Perhaps we've been spelling it incorrectly for the past 35 years?   ;)

I may just put one in for the heck of it.  Then when the unit says "ejecting disc", it will have something to eject and feel better about itself.

#4 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

Took it in for service (LKS in-operational), and mentioned the occasional pop, "ejecting disc" message, and muting figuring they probably wouldn't be able to reproduce, but dealer witnessed the behavior.

New audio control unit put in, and audio control module programmed under warranty.

So if anyone else gets an "ejecting disc" message at random times, there's at least 1 Fusion out there that has it.  Er, had it (I hope it stays had).

#5 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

I would "exercise" the disc player (put a disc in and play it then eject).  Next I would pull the fuse on the SYNC3 head unit then put it back in to force a"reboot" of the device. 

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 05 March 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 724 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

BTW, the disc player is ALWAYS powered up.  I hear the disc player fire up on its own regularly when the car is off and its real quiet.  No disc.  This phenomenon occurred on my other cars as well.

I'm not sure that's what you're hearing. This car does make some noises, but not sure I've ever attributed any of them to the disc player.

244968.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·