rdr

Windows (1 Up/Down)

I just took delivery of a ruby red tint coat 2017 FFH SE (601A Package) last week. Tonight, I rolled down the front passenger window by pressing the button just like I have done in my other FFH cars (2015 and 2016). When I pulled on the switch to raise the window, it would only go up as long as I was pulling on the switch rather than going all the way up with a short pull on the switch. The Munroney sticker for the car indicates that the standard equipment includes the 1 up/down feature for both the front and rear windows. I looked in the configuration screens for the windows, and there is no configurable setting for this feature.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

It probably needs to be reset. Unfortunately I no longer remember the reset procedure.

It probably needs to be reset. Unfortunately I no longer remember the reset procedure.

Here's how it worked on my 2013, I expect it hasn't changed:

1 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

2 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

3 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

4 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

That should run that particular window through the cycle so the sensors re-learn the limits, and the auto-up and auto-down should then work -- good luck.

What jeff_h said, spot on. I have a 2013 Job 1 FFH and I have to relearn either the driver's side or passenger side almost monthly.

Which door switch panel needs to be used? I was operating the window from the driver's door. I have never had this issue with any of my other FFH cars, including the 10, 13 and 15 that are now with new owners.

Also, what does the term "2013 Job 1 FFH" mean?

Job 1 is the initial production build run for a model year.

When enough design changes have been accumulated they terminate the Job 1 run, retool, and begin the Job 2 run.

I've not had this on my current or prior FFH, but a couple Fiestas I had before Fusion seemed to do this about 2-3 times a year. Same reset process for them as well.

Funny thing happened when I went out to the car this evening . . . The windows worked as they should! Thank you for your help.

Funny thing happened when I went out to the car this evening . . . The windows worked as they should! Thank you for your help.

I have had my 2017 FFH Platinum for 10 days. Off the lot the "1Up/Down" drivers window feature didn't work. Then for one time it worked. Now it doesn't work.

I wonder if this is related to other, similar settings which can be reset using this procedure on page 262 of the manual:

To restore the settings, do the following:
1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Shift into park (P) or neutral (N).
3. Switch off all accessories.
4. Press the brake pedal and start your vehicle.
5. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature. While the engine is warming up, complete the following: Reset the clock. See Audio System (page 314). Reset the power windows bounce-back feature. See Windows and Mirrors (page 81). Reset the radio station presets. See Audio System (page 314).
6. Allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

I have had my 2017 FFH Platinum for 10 days. Off the lot the "1Up/Down" drivers window feature didn't work. Then for one time it worked. Now it doesn't work.

Read post #3 in this thread for instructions to reset a window.

Here's how it worked on my 2013, I expect it hasn't changed:

1 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

2 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

3 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

4 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

That should run that particular window through the cycle so the sensors re-learn the limits, and the auto-up and auto-down should then work -- good luck.

My driver window won't go up or down automagically. It didn't off the lot, then it did, now it doesn't.

Made a fool of myself waiting for my Culver's in the drive through trying this (didn't work on 2017 FFH..)

My driver window won't go up or down automagically. It didn't off the lot, then it did, now it doesn't.

Made a fool of myself waiting for my Culver's in the drive through trying this (didn't work on 2017 FFH..)

As I understand it, the steps noted above are a way to cycle the sensors to re-learn the upper and lower limits of the window -- if that doesn't work maybe one of the sensors is bad and it's time for a trip to the dealer.

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I just got the car in December and I've had issues with the "bounce back" feature of the auto up windows. For those that don't know, the windows are designed to go back down if they detect an obstruction when going up.

My problem is that this seems to happen when the window just normally hits the top. I can't close the windows all the way because as soon as they hit the top, they bounce back down. I can get quite close to all the way up (to the point it is still water tight), but it's not quite a full seal.

Here's the strangest part, at first this was only an issue with the driver's door. Now it's only an issue with the front passenger door. It moved! Its winter so I really have very little need to open the windows at all.

Check the window tracks for material that shouldn't be there.

Use the process in post #3 to synchronize the windows with the up and down sensors.

I bought my Fusion on Thursday 2/2 and today 2/6 noticed the driver window was bouncing back to ¾ open after rolling up. Took it to the dealer and they took the door apart to perform initialization on the motors. TSB 46349 "Window Bounce Back" Working fine now.

Update: On 2/16 I noticed both front windows were bouncing back after either one touch rolling up or holding the switch rolling up. Back to the dealer where they followed TSB 46439. Dealer stated Ford Engineering is aware of this issue and investigating but the motor initialization is the only direction from Ford to resolve this issue. Stay tuned.

Edited by magchinn

My son is a Ford tech. I had a four week old 2017 Energi.

I had the same problem with windows going down as soon as they reached the top.

He downloaded new updates to the window control module and recalibrated the windows. All done with a lap top. No disassembling or adjustment.

All windows work great now.

.. He downloaded new updates to the window control module and recalibrated the windows. All done with a lap top. No disassembling or adjustment.

Would love to know the update #. I don't think the mechanics at my dealer would know where to look without a clue. I have tried the 3up/3down three times on three occasions and the 12up/12down three times on two occasions. No joy.

Here is what he did. I watched. Took 10 minutes.

"Verified onetouch feature working improperly. Reprogrammed DDM per SSM 46544. Performed all window initialization process with IDS. Retest OK."

Good luck!

I'm wondering why this is happening to 2017 models when I don't remember reading about it at all before.

I got my window 1up (driver side) and bounce back (passenger side) fixed today. Unsettling not being able to close my passenger window (we got 8 inches of rain here in St. Louis last week if you hadn't heard..).

I took in the quote "Reprogrammed DDM per SSM 46544" from this thread on a piece of paper. The service writer threw it in the trash while I wasn't looking. Policy is to lookup my VIN in Oasis to see if SSM 46544 is available (or Ford Corporate won't pay for them to do it).

The service tech ran out and did the up/down/up/down/up/down which didn't work. I returned 3 hours later and all was good.

I signed paperwork (for me, the owner) showing the window was fixed.

I signed a second set of paperwork for Ford Corporate (submitted from my dealer) showing they performed Oasis SSM 46544 -- and, more importantly, Ford Corporate agreed to pay my dealer $56.

:)

That's great. My son did run Oasis with my VIN. He also said that only certain build dates have this problem. I believe he said November 16 - March 17, or there abouts.

Mine was finally fixed last month. Funny what a software glitch will do.

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I just got the car in December and I've had issues with the "bounce back" feature of the auto up windows. For those that don't know, the windows are designed to go back down if they detect an obstruction when going up.

My problem is that this seems to happen when the window just normally hits the top. I can't close the windows all the way because as soon as they hit the top, they bounce back down. I can get quite close to all the way up (to the point it is still water tight), but it's not quite a full seal......

I also had a problem with the driver's side window "bounce back." In early April the dealer did the reset procedure. It worked for a short time then I (again) did the reset procedure. After a few more weeks the passenger side window then failed to open (at least the window was in the closed position). The dealer replaced the window motor/regulator assembly. Then the driver's side window "bounce back" reappeared again. Took the car to the dealer. This time the dealer "reprogrammed and updated the power window module per service bulletin 14b291." The windows now work correctly. Hopefully this fix will last for a while.