rdr

Windows (1 Up/Down)

I just took delivery of a ruby red tint coat 2017 FFH SE (601A Package) last week. Tonight, I rolled down the front passenger window by pressing the button just like I have done in my other FFH cars (2015 and 2016). When I pulled on the switch to raise the window, it would only go up as long as I was pulling on the switch rather than going all the way up with a short pull on the switch. The Munroney sticker for the car indicates that the standard equipment includes the 1 up/down feature for both the front and rear windows. I looked in the configuration screens for the windows, and there is no configurable setting for this feature.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

It probably needs to be reset. Unfortunately I no longer remember the reset procedure.

Here's how it worked on my 2013, I expect it hasn't changed:

1 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

2 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

3 - Hold button *down* and roll window *down* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

4 - Hold button *up* and roll window *up* all the way and continue to hold for 3 seconds

That should run that particular window through the cycle so the sensors re-learn the limits, and the auto-up and auto-down should then work -- good luck.

Which door switch panel needs to be used? I was operating the window from the driver's door. I have never had this issue with any of my other FFH cars, including the 10, 13 and 15 that are now with new owners.

Also, what does the term "2013 Job 1 FFH" mean?

Funny thing happened when I went out to the car this evening . . . The windows worked as they should! Thank you for your help.

My driver window won't go up or down automagically. It didn't off the lot, then it did, now it doesn't.

Made a fool of myself waiting for my Culver's in the drive through trying this (didn't work on 2017 FFH..)

As I understand it, the steps noted above are a way to cycle the sensors to re-learn the upper and lower limits of the window -- if that doesn't work maybe one of the sensors is bad and it's time for a trip to the dealer.

Mine was finally fixed last month. Funny what a software glitch will do.