Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 HiTy Platinum White
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hi all.  Have not been around for awhile, life has been throwing a lot of curve balls that kind of made talking about the car pretty low on the list.  I do have an issue with my car that I have exhausted all ways of solving I can think of and would like advice as to how to proceed further.

I have a 2015 FFHT.  I have the Soft Ceramic leather interior.  At about 18,000 miles and about a year and a half of ownership I noticed the finish wearing off the piping on both the seat bottom and back on the door side of the drivers seat.  I took it to my dealer, Ron Lewis Ford, Beaver

falls, Pa to see about having this taken care of.  After going in twice for them to take pictures of not only the seat but the entire car and 3 to 4 weeks of waiting in limbo I got a call from them that said ford had acknowledged it was a defect in the material and was not caused by my abuse.  they were sending new seat covers to replace the bad ones.  After waiting about a month they came.

Took my car to the dealership and was given a loaner.  They had car for 4 days before calling me saying it was done.  I went to pick it up and was horrified at what they wanted me to accept.  There were actual wrinkles in both the seat bottom surface and the seat back.  There were puckers in all the bolster sections of the seat.  I flat out told them it was totally unacceptable and just left with their car.

3 days later I get a call from service manager.  He states they took seat to professional upholsterer and car is now ready.  Made the mistake of having wife pick up car at night.  When I got home I found there to still be 3 wrinkles in the seat bottom, bolster sections not puckered but not firm at all.  You can actually grab the seat bottom cover and pull it upright with your fingers it is so loose fitting.  There is a clip for the cover that I found just dangling unhooked when I looked under seat.  When sitting in the seat it does not "hug" your butt or back the way it used to and passenger side still does.

I went back to dealership, again RON LEWIS FORD, Beaver Falls, Pa and talked to the general manager showing him the problem.  It was a Sat. and he said that it was absolutely not acceptable and to let him handle it.  He would be in touch with me.  After waiting a week to hear from him I called him.  He states that after talking to his service manager and a professional upholsterer I need to wait a month for the leather to settle in and there was nothing more he or Ford was going to do for me.  I told him I have heard of leather stretching, but never shrinking and as far as I was concerned the repair was totally unacceptable for a warranty repair.  the seat is not back in the condition it should be be after being "fixed".  I stated if the repair could not be made using new seat covers, Ford needs to send me a new seat.  I was given the obligatory I will look into that for you ..........2 weeks ago with no further contact from the dealership.

What do I do now?  Will anybody care?

Edited by BiXLL, 31 December 2016 - 06:57 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

Here are pics of what Ron Lewis Ford calls fixed and expect me to be happy with and accept.Attached File  20161230_105452.jpg   50.48KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20161230_105519.jpg   42.34KB   1 downloads

Edited by BiXLL, 30 December 2016 - 11:16 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Here is the passenger seat showing how it used to fit before Ron Lewis ford "fixed" it putting on the new seat coverAttached File  20161230_114948.jpg   41.71KB   1 downloads

#4 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

In some ways, surprised they didn't replace the whole seat assembly.  However, with heated and cooled seats I wouldn't even want to think about the cost of such compared to the replacement "covers" only.

May want to talk to dealer about having a vehicle upholstery shop give their opinion.  It looks like the covers are fine, but not taut like the original.  Perhaps a vehicle upholsterer (that a word?) would know how to get those covers looking OEM.

Edited -- oops, sorry, didn't read your part about the upholsterer.  May want to contact one directly / yourself.  Get their opinion delivered straight to you rather than dealer.

Edited by Frank F, 30 December 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Thanks Frank.  At this point I will try anything

#6 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Are there any Ford Reps that come to the site that could help me maybe?  I just called a upholsterer to see about having him tighten it up.  Turns out he is the one that the dealership took it to.  He states there is no more he can do with it, the covers just do not fit the seat properly.

#7 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

I would contact Ford Corporate for them to intervene. Let them know that you love the car, and you love Ford, but you are not happy with Ron Lewis Ford. Provide them with the pictures that you posted here so they know you are not being unreasonable.

And don't rule out using social media to put a little fire under  Ron Lewis. I had a minor issue with a Honda dealer a few years ago, I contacted Honda Corporate who took care of everything. I filed a BBB complaint, and wrote an online review about the dealership. I would recommend you do the same thing - file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, complete a Yelp review, and send a Tweet to Ford. The last thing companies want today is complaints being shared online. Chances are, they will amke it right to avoid negative publicity.

• BiXLL likes this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#8 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

Sent Ford Corp. an email, filed a review with Yelp, and started a complaint with BBB.

I feel that if the replacement covers can not be made to fit the seat properly, Ford should step up to the plate and send an entire new seat.  I mean would anybody feel the warranty repair made with the covers is acceptable?

Edited by BiXLL, 31 December 2016 - 07:20 AM.

• djminfll likes this

#9 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Sent Ford Corp. an email, filed a review with Yelp, and started a complaint with BBB.

I feel that if the replacement covers can not be made to fit the seat properly, Ford should step up to the plate and send an entire new seat.  I mean would anybody feel the warranty repair made with the covers is acceptable?

You should not have to accept inferior work. Now that you've taken steps, I'd be willing to bet that everything is taken care of shortly. 

Burgundy Velvet

662937.png

#10 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

My son was at a different Ford dealer today getting some work done on his truck.  He showed the service advisers the pics of the seat and they were amazed.  They both said the vehicle should have never left the dealership looking that way.  they gave him their card and told him to have me call them to set up an appointment and they will fix it if my dealer does not come around!  Hats off to Shultz Ford, Wexford Pa.  A much larger dealership and also quite a bit further away from me, but I know where I will be dealing from now on.

I will keep all posted as to what happens next

#11 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Just make sure this doesn't cost you anything out of your own pocket. If the original "repair"(?) was done under warranty, Ford isn't going to pay for it a second time unless they are made aware of what the first dealership did. Since you filed a complaint via email with Ford Corporate, wait until they respond before bringing it to Schultz. Ford might want you to bring it back to Ron Lewis since they probably paid them for the work already. 

• BiXLL likes this

Burgundy Velvet

662937.png

#12 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

UPDATE:

After contacting Ford Corp. with my complaint I got a call a couple days later from my service manager.  He claimed he was not aware I was unhappy with the repair and he and the general manager had not talked so he had no idea I talked to him.  OK, neither here nor there.

Anyway, he said he had contacted the most reputable upholstery guy he knew of in the Pittsburgh area.  He asked me if I could take the car to him to have him look at it and decide if there was anything he could do.  The place is 25 miles from where I live, but luckily 1/2 mile from where I work.  I arranged to meet the guy at his shop the following day before work.  The shop is very impressive, super clean, super organized, very professional atmosphere.  I no sooner shut the car off and the owner was standing beside me with a work-light in hand.  He looked at the seat and the first thing he said was that who ever installed it was not an upholsterer. After looking and feeling the seat all over he tells me the problem is that the seat cushion itself was bad and was disintegrating.  He is thinking that a lot of material was lost when removing the original cover because the foam itself had broken down.

Service manager ordered a new seat cushion.  It came in and today I dropped my car off and got a loaner.  They are taking the seat up to the guy Monday morning.  It is looking like all is going to be good.  I had to rattle some chains, but it looks like Ford and the dealer are making this right.

• Timewellspent likes this

#13 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

Driver leather seats do this.  Absolutely normal. 

My 5 day old FFH Platinum seat is already doing this.  This has happened on every single leather driver seat I have owned. 

If there is a way to prevent this I haven't found it.  Good luck.

#14 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

My 5 day old FFH Platinum seat is already doing this.  This has happened on every single leather driver seat I have owned. 

Seems funny to me if what you say is true that ford would go through all this hassle and expense to make it right?  They checked it out and decided it was a flaw in material.

#15 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 686 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

You mean the looseness or the finish wearing off? However, I haven't experienced either of those on my 2015 FFH (with leather seats) or on several prior cars (all different makes) with leather seats.

Edited by mwr, 15 January 2017 - 08:47 AM.

• BiXLL likes this

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

I've never experienced a problem with leather seats in any vehicle, and I have driven leather seats since 1998.

But BiXLL, I'm glad you made some noise and got results! I am a big believer in standing up for yourself. Unfortunately, Customer Service is on the road to extinction and most companies won't "do the right thing" to keep a happy customer, thus ensuring their continued patronage. I am lucky with my Ford dealer, this is my second consecutive vehicle from the same salesperson, because he goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect. And if there ever is a problem, he will fight on your behalf. If there is anyone local (South Florida) reading this, it is Pompano Ford/Lincoln, and the salesman is Brian Jewell. 

Burgundy Velvet

662937.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·