After driving the Platinum for the Xmas weekend, I have a number of observations/comments.
1. Substantially more comfortable than my '13 SE. The leather is super plush, and I love the A/C feature.
2. I like the transmission dial instead of shifter gear. It leaves a lot more room on the console.
3. I freaked my Dad out by showing him how it self-parks in vertical spaces.
4. The ACC with stop-and-go is a huge improvement. I actually drove for miles on a non-highway street, and once I activated the Cruise Control, I never touched the pedals again. This is going to make my daily commute in traffic a breeze.
5. SYNC 3 is a huge improvement over MyFordTouch. I haven't learned all of the features yet, but it works much better than the inconsistent MFT touch screen.
6. Ford made minor changes to the steering wheel controls, and I prefer the older one. It's going to take me a while to get used to these changes. The also changed the turn signal stalk operation, and I also prefer the original one to the new one.
7. The Trip odometer has been changed - it no longer shows the estimated gallons used. Again, I prefer the old one.
8. When the car is turned off, there is still a display of data for this trip - miles and mpg. But the second screen that shows cumulative miles/mpg is gone.
9. When I took delivery, the car had 14 miles on the odometer. I'm guessing that while the car was being checked, they must have had the motor running non-stop, because I had trouble getting the mpg over 38. Then I filled up (less than 1/2 a tank) today, and reset the dash computer. I drove another 20 miles after than, and I'm averaging 44 so far, so it looks like the new one is as economical as the old one.
Stlousigeorge, as for the transmission dial, I saw a youtube video about the problem when actor Anton Yelchin was killed when his jeep was left in drive. It was demonstrated that the Ford automatically returns to Park. I safely tried it in my driveway, and it worked.
All in all, while I'll miss the new car smell when it fades, overall I love the new vehicle.