Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Android Auto with Waze Traffic App Discussion

waze andoid android auto traffic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 137 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Are you a Waze navigation enthusiast? This free iPhone/Android app under the Google umbrella provides near real-time traffic jam, road hazards, average road speed if slower than normal, accidents, comments, and optimized custom routing with live re-routing.

I have used it for years on my iPhone. It is "real time" in the fact it is "crowd sourced". The data comes from the potentially 1000's of Waze users in your area -- all posting police, accidents, etc. If I report a "major accident" on an interstate during rush hour, other Wazer's will be notified in only a minute or two. The "crowd" verifies reports so, for example, if police car shown on the map ahead has disappeared, you can "delete" the report. The app provides suggested routes, distance and time. The time to read destination is uncanny. It's a lot of fun.

Wouldn't it be great if you could use a free real-time traffic information app on your SYNC3 display?

The graphics are not as slick as the Ford navigation (and Waze doesn't display exit lanes) but I will take hazard accuracy over slick graphics any day.

Google demo'd Waze on Android Auto last Summer at their developer conference (Google I/O). A video is posted.

Waze for Android is not out yet, but it is promised "soon". I saw a nice rumor posting today so I will start the ongoing "Waze watch" for Android Auto here.

Recent rumor on release:
http://nseavoice.com...-920019399.html

Pre release demo:

(You will see a route selected, followed by a straight line with dozens of icons popping up. Those are cars on the side of the road, police, accidents, etc on your route. You normally get a choice of 3 routes with the fastest one at the top.

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 18 December 2016 - 04:03 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Valenrandy

Valenrandy

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Titanium FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

I know this post is from last December but I love Waze and I'd be willing to convert one of my spare phone line to an android device just for the feature.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waze, andoid, android auto, traffic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·