Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cleaning inside windows ...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

Didn't see anything specific for those wanting to clean the inside of the glass in between washes/detailing.  Well, here are a couple methods I've used that work pretty well.

The more expensive way - Invisible Glass and fine microfiber cloths for glass.  Spray the IG as directed and used the cloth to wipe it off and clean the glass.  CON:  If like me, there will be streaks that are a pain to remove after things have dried.

The less expensive way - Magic Eraser and paper towels.  I used the foaming Mr. Clean bathroom ones.  Get it moderately wet and wipe the area of the glass, followed by use of paper towels to dry thoroughly.  The eraser I used has a smooth side and a knobby side with very low foaming action.  I used the knobby side.  PRO:  If there is a streak or two, the use of a regular microfiber cloth will remove it.

And there is the old vinegar and newspaper solution if you want to go that route.  I've never used it TBH. 

BTW - a slightly damp Magic Eraser can be used to remove a grease spot or two that might get on light colored parts of the interior.  Gentle rubbing followed by light pat dry with paper towel.

Edited by Cobra348, 14 November 2016 - 02:09 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 617 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

Norwex cloths are a bit pricey but work great.

http://fordfusionhyb...nswers/?p=92013

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,426 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Lay towels on the dashboard while cleaning the inside of the windshield.  Most cleaners are bad for the dash material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·