Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

12v Battery Issue on 2017 Fusion Hybrid

battery 2017

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,456 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

Rather than a second battery I removed the OEM battery and installed a much bigger AGM battery.  I had to remove the battery tray and saw the rear end off of it make the AGM battery fit.  I still have to monitor the charge level but AGM batteries maintain their voltage to a significantly lower charge level than a wet cell lead acid battery does.  If the car will sit for a week, without being driven, I connect a battery maintainer to the "jump" terminals under the hood.

I also have a 7 AH gel cell battery in the glove compartment with a 12 gauge cable with clips that can be used to connect it to the jump terminals under the hood if the car is dead.  In over 4 years I have not had to use it because the AGM battery has never gone low enough to not provide 12 volts.

Detailed installation instructions are in the battery section of the Energi forum.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   timmiek

timmiek

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

In my previous post on April 11th I reported that I had been receiving messages from FordPass that "DEEP SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED". Also instead on Sync 3 starting when I entered the vehicle I was getting "System Off to Save Battery" message. Unlike other people who were experiencing similar problems, my 12v battery never fully discharged. After performing a hard reset on the Audio Control Module ("ACM")  and reprogramming the ACM to the latest calibration using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 104.03 or higher the dealer returned the vehicle me without replacing the battery. I have had the vehicle back for almost three weeks and have had no messages or problems.

I just dawned on me that since I got the car back, the Sync 3 System is no longer coming on when I enter the vehicle. There is no "System Off to Save Battery" message. Instead the Ford logo comes up for around 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank. The Sync 3 system starts when the engine is started. The Sync 3 System stays on when the vehicle is turned off and doesn't shut off until the door is opened. 

It looks like I have the same issue as you had.  I get messages on ford pass telling me car entered deep sleep mode and also battery is off to save whatever.  I have made appt with ford dealer.  What should I tell them to do, or should I just let them run their diagnostics?

#43 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 125 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

I got the dreaded "FORDPASS Deep Sleep Mode Activated" text message today (for the second time in a month).  Both times the car sat for -- 2 days (wow.  2 days).  This is a dealer-installed replacement battery.

After using my trusty jump-pack to get my car started, SYNC3 is now exhibiting the dreaed "Radio Off" message. 

As others have described in this thread, there is no sound but some other SYNC3 things seemed to be working.  Will the "Radio Off" issue from a dead 12V fix itself? (say, when the 12V charges itself back up)?  I don't see an obvious fuse to check in the manual.

#44 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 125 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

I got the dreaded "FORDPASS Deep Sleep Mode Activated" text message today ..
After using my trusty jump-pack to get my car started, SYNC3 is now exhibiting the dreaded "Radio Off" message.

Here are some tips to get your car out of "Radio Off" mode -- potentially saving you a trip to the dealer.

• Turn off your car.  Open close your door.  Turn car on.
  • Try inserting a CD into the slot.
  • Try Soft Reset (reboot SYNC3):
        ⁃ Hold down the power button and the right seek button for 5-6 seconds.  The SYNC3 head unit will reboot -- takes about 20 seconds.
  • [Do not do this.  Tow to Ford and wait days for a fix] Try unhooking your 12V battery cables for a few minutes (you will lose some of your settings like clock).  This is a bit desparate -- don't try this if you don't know your way around a car.

The last one worked for me.  No trip to dealer.  I did have to reset my clock, redo Bluetooth pairing with my phone, and (ugghh) re-register my car with FORDPASS.

Here are some interesting threads about "Radio Off" on a Ford SYNC3:

Why can't I get my [Ford SYNC3] radio or any audio to turn on? Related posts
https://www.torquene...deep-sleep-mode
https://www.f150foru...io-turn-337907/

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 07 October 2017 - 12:56 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·