Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help locating the gas-engine starting-circuit supply wire 2013 FFH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wirechaser1

Wirechaser1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

After you start the vehicle, the electric motor runs, then  power get supplied to the gas engine to get you up and going.  

I'm trying to install an inline cutout (breathalyzer) on the main wire that provides electricity to the gas engine starting circuit.  I would cut the wire and attach  each end  going to the breathalyzer computer so that the computer would complete the circuit and then allow the engine to run.  If the driver can't pass then the computer would keep the circuit from completing and the engine would not start.  I have other wires going to the ignition and elsewhere.  I need to find a wire that would completely disable the gas engine.

factory      Power--------------------------------------------Gas engine starting/activation circuit

Modified   Power----------                             -----------Gas engine starting/activation circuit

|        In-line           |

|--Breathalyzer-----|

A drawing of the entire starting circuit would be great or just guidance on which wire and the location.

If anything, I hope you enjoyed my amazing "circuit" diagram.

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,487 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

Disable the contactors that connect the high voltage battery to the car and it is not going anywhere.

#3 OFFLINE   Wirechaser1

Wirechaser1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

I need to splice into a wire (smaller, lower voltage), so that the vehicle can be driven.  A breathalyzer opens the wire until the driver blows into the handset and passes, then the circuit is closed, allowing power to go to the source.  

Found out that in the driver's side engine bay fuse box, Fuse 26, is the ignition system.  It stops at fuse 55.  Can't find fuse 56, which goes the fuel pump system.  If I could find Fuse 56, splicing in on the wire to/from it would provide what I'm looking for.

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,487 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:29 AM

From 2013 Owner's Manual.

Fuse 56 is a 30 amp fuse located on the bottom of the engine compartment fuse box.  The Owner's Manual shows how to access it.  That however will not disable the car.  The car can go up to 2 miles, using the hybrid battery, before it tries to start the engine.  That is for the Fusion Hybrid.  The Fusion Energi can go up to 25 miles using the traction battery.

There is an electrically operated release that is required to get the car out of Park.  It is activated when the brake pedal is pushed.  If you interrupt power to that release the car can't be shifted out of Park.  It does not appear to be separately fused.  The release solenoid is part of the gear shift lever.  This would disable all three Fusion models.

The Parking brake is also electrically operated.  Fuse 47 (10 amps) controls power to the brake switch.  That is not sufficient however because many people just use Park and don't apply the parking brake.

• Wirechaser1 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 239 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Fuse F18 is located in the dashboard fuse box. 5 amps. Feeds the push button start switch or ignition switch. 

The switches are inactive if the fuse is disabled and the car will not start. 

Does this help?

Edited by billford, 11 November 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Wirechaser1

Wirechaser1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

Splicing into the brake wire did the trick!  Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!

Edit:  The breathalyzer gets power as soon as you put the key in, from the ignition system.  Usually the circuit that lets you start the car would splice into the starter wiring, only letting you turn the engine once you pass the test.  Splicing into the brake wiring works great because, as Murphy said, you can't shift out of park until the brake circuit is closed and the engine(s) never start.

Edited by Wirechaser1, 11 November 2016 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·