apilon50

NAV/GPS not rerouting in traffic

It never rerouted me, EVER, despite facing HEAVY traffic most days. It just isn't a good system. I switched to Google Nav years ago... Oh yeah, and the $150 map updates. What a joke.

It will only reroute if there is a traffic "incident", ie the little box. It will not reroute if there is just a red or yellow line on the road.

Right. A good part of the problem lies with the traffic information available through Sirius/XM. Just not enough timely data or granularity. They often report the slowdown/backup, just not the reason behind it.

Good evening

I subscribed to xm traffic services and 70 % of the time it will show traffic , closed road and the like. But it had been a few time when there was very heavy traffic the gps does not reroute me to another intinary like today for example i got stuck in traffic for 2 hours. My nagigation setting is set to retoute automatically.

I checked with Google maps and wave and both were rerouting to another route and shave 15mn of the planned route.

Is there a problem with the nav system not being able to calculate alternative route when in heavy traffic ? Otherwiaw i might as well cancel my subscription to xm traffic and use Waze or google maps

Alain

Hey Alain,

Since TraveLink is supported by Sirius, please contact them directly if you are still experiencing issues. They can be reached at www.sirius.com or at 888-539-7474.

Cara

We paid a lot to add navigation to our cars. What? Like about a grand, plus or minus? Maybe $750? Either way, I seriously regret that decision. For the money, this system is terrible, IMHO. Otherwise, it's a lovely car. Easily my favorite car I've ever owned. ;)

Maybe I should consider that $750 rebate they gave me to be a refund for the crappy navigation system... Besides, I've exceeded the original 47/47/47 EPA estimated MPG anyhow. There, now I'm happy. :)