Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2010 FFH, dilema on the eCVT fluid change

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GentDiors

GentDiors

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

I've been reading different forums while making up my mind to buy this used 2010 FFH (80k miles on it).  One thing I noticed is the OM did not call for eCVT fluid change, while guys at different forums say it's better to do it at certain point.

I intend to keep the car running for at least 5 more years maybe longer since the previous owner really gave it a good shape.  I made a few calls to local (MD) dealers, one dealership refused to give a quote, claiming they do not flush fluid on this one, another one said they recommend every 90k miles do a complete flush (drop pan) and quoted slightly under $400, an independent hybrid shop gave a ball park price, $350 to do it completely (drop pan), and half of that for drain and refill.

It was really interesting that one Ford dealer chose not to do it (maybe it's just the guy who answered my phone call). But what do you guys think? Is it an easy drain and refill process? There is no dipstick so where do I add the new fluid any way?

P.S. I wish I can find a shop doing it right for $80 like another user reported.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,811 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

There is never any need to service the transmission or change the transmission fluid nor mention of it in the maintenance schedule. It is not a transmission in the usual sense. There are no valves, solenoids, clutches or torque converters. The fluid level does not need to be checked unless you see it leaking on the ground. I have not seen a leak reported in any 2010-12 Ford hybrids.

Edited by lolder, 18 October 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

There is never any need to service the transmission or change the transmission fluid nor mention of it in the maintenance schedule. It is not a transmission in the usual sense. There are no valves, solenoids, clutches or torque converters. The fluid level does not need to be checked unless you see it leaking on the ground. I have not seen a leak reported in any 2010-12 Ford hybrids.

My 2010 FFH is now at 240k miles and I've never done anything with the transmission fluid and never had an issue.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·