Sign in to follow this  
GentDiors

New (used) 2010 FFH owner, my first ever hybrid

You don't need to change the oil that often. Read all the manuals twice and push all the buttons while parked. There were a few TSB's which you might check with Ford by VIN to see if they apply.

1) TSB 09-13-9 Speedometer inop

2) TSB 10-15-5 Uncommanded instrument panel resets to default mode

3) TSB 10-17-11 PCM update for wrench light

4) 10B 13 "Customer Satisfaction" for nuisance brake failure warnings

5) TSB 11-7-31 False instrument panel warnings

These are all software updates and should take less than an hour.

Have fun!

They're related to VINs. The really important one was the "Customer Satisfaction" software update on the computer brake system 10B 13. That should be done if the car VIN includes it even if you have never had a problem. After a certain manufacturing date cars from the factory had the updated software. It corrects a nuisance computer brake system failure whose result is you have to push another 1-2 inches further DOWN on the brake pedal to get brakes. Most who experienced it including a Consumer's Report tester thought they had lost all brakes. It was very unnerving. Your car is a pretty early build so you should check that. The other TSB's are pretty much "on condition" ones. The big green car means the instrument panel reset TSB was done. Just check on 10B 13.

Edited by lolder

10B 13 should be done on all 2010's that need it. My car was built 5/09 and I had it done 3/10. At some point the software was changed at the factory so those cars don't need it. It was free then. All you need to do is check your VIN at Ford and they can tell you. There are three possible answers; your car doesn't need it, your car needed it and it was done, or it needs it and it has not been done. It should be done even if you have never had a problem. It was a rare event. I think it should have been a recall. The rest of the TSBs are "on demand" and probably don't apply.

I just looked up some old posts. The brake software was changed at the factory in the middle of Oct., 09. If the sticker on the bottom sill corner of the drivers door says 9/09 or earlier it needed to be done. If it says 10/09, you don't know and if it says 11/09 and later it didn't need to be done.

Edited by lolder

Sounds like you're set. Enjoy ! Read all the manuals all the way through twice. Push all the buttons while parked. There are a lot of luxury gadgets to this car like the door "puddle lights", BLIS, CTA and others. Pair your phone. You've had the most common problems fixed with the throttle body and O2 sensors. There were a few premature rear brake pads wear but they should normally go 150-200K miles. These have been low maintenance cars but I'm on my third driver's inside door handle which is common to all Fusions. I think that's a big profit center for Ford and it's dealers. There's a YouTube video that shows you how to replace it in about 15 minutes instead of paying the dealer $350!

No EV and a full HVB are usually signs of an HVB re-conditioning event but that doesn't cause resets.

Edited by lolder