jpohlman

Oil specification changed.

Yep, been running 0W-20 in my 2013 for a while, as well as in my wife's 2014.

See this post from the pinned thread on oil changes:

I think this was debated earlier in this same thread, and the below was noted in Ford's system to provide info to dealers:

SSM 44509 - 2013 - 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi - Oil Viscosity Specification For 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi, SAE 0W-20 is the initial fill oiland the recommended service oil. The oil viscosity recommendation of SAE 5W-20 on the oil fill caps on some 2014 Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi vehicles may appear to conflict with the owner guide and other service publications which recommend SAE 0W-20 oil. Both SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil are approved for use in these vehicles. 2013 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi can also be serviced with either SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5886-oil-change-info-for-2013-hybridenergi

I found this topic via the search function. I'm trying to determine why the new dealer I went to last week used Synthetic Oil. All the previous Ford dealers I have used have put in Semi-Synthetic MotorCraft SAW 0W-20. My owners manual does not state anything about Synthetic oil. I'm going to put a sticker on the facia cover near the oil cap to not use Synthetic oil.

I was charged $68 for "The Works" service which I've had done for nearly 4 years on both my FFH and Escape at dealers, for always right around $40.

Do the newer FFH perhaps 'require' full synthetic?

I think 0W-20 is full synthetic and 5W-20 is semi-synthetic.

The 2015 owners manual states this:

You can use 5W-20 oil if 0W-20 oil is not available.

I have always used 5W-20 in my 2015 FFH and choose to change it more frequently than is commonly done with 0W-20 (full synthetic).

Edited by Texasota