B25Nut

Burn more gas to keep engine healthy: Ford Canada

Hybrids are not for everybody, especially those in areas of very cold weather. This person only drives 3,000 miles a year, which makes it hard to justify the extra cost of going hybrid.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1106397_fusion-hybrid-needs-to-burn-more-gas-to-keep-engine-healthy-ford-canada

Hybrids are not for everybody, especially those in areas of very cold weather. This person only drives 3,000 miles a year, which makes it hard to justify the extra cost of going hybrid.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1106397_fusion-hybrid-needs-to-burn-more-gas-to-keep-engine-healthy-ford-canada

Why would you care about gas mileage driving only 3,000 miles a year?

I saw this on CMAX Energi Forum and there is a very simple solution to this problem. Use block heater if you have one, install oil pan heater if you don't. Also use Grill Covers all year around to speed up ICE warm up to higher temperatures to remove moisture. :) It would be nice if someone did an News article on how to solve this problem. ;(

Paul

Ford had a new bulletin about this a few weeks ago. This was my main concern about this hybrid, slow warm ups in cold temperatures causing engine condensation.

s8bH8vx.png?1

Ouch! While the cold driving I experience in Michigan isn't as bad as most of Canada, this is something I'll have to keep an eye on as I'm now down to about 4,000 miles of annual driving! I'll just add this to the list of reasons to get out of the Hybrid this coming year.

Ouch! While the cold driving I experience in Michigan isn't as bad as most of Canada, this is something I'll have to keep an eye on as I'm now down to about 4,000 miles of annual driving! I'll just "add this to the list of reasons to get out of the Hybrid this coming year."

Instead of doing this, use Post #3 to solve any potential problems and improve your MPG's too. :)

Paul