smr2112

Replacing Power Door Lock Switch with Memory

The power door lock switch on my 2013 FFH Titanium is not working. Some of the buttons do nothing and I need to replace it.

This part is shown below. I think this should be fairly easy to replace myself and would take weeks for dealer to get I'd think.

Who knows...

So if I replace it myself, is it that hard to pop it out? Can anybody give me a hint? Do I have to take out the entire door lock/handle

insert piece where the speaker is to release it from the back?

I probably won't attempt this unless I can see how to easily do it, the part is about $45 directly from Ford. I am sure double that

and not dealer covered as part of warranty (outside deductible) if they do it.

This is the part: http://ebay.to/2df2ho3

I've never done it but from the picture it looks like inserting a plastic spudger at the top to push the clip down would allow it to come out without disassembling the door.

https://www.amazon.com/KINGLAKE%C2%AE-Panel-Removal-Radio-Installer/dp/B00HNMLQAG/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1475072772&sr=1-3&keywords=auto+panel+removal+tool

Yes, that was exactly my thinking and what I had hoped. Good idea as I have a full set of these

tools from taking apart my iPhones and Macs and they will be perfect.

I looked closely this morning and the space between the top of the switch and the trim

around it is fairly tight with no give. But I'll investigate further.