Sign in to follow this  
coach81

Looks like I'll be here a while.. thank God!

Sorry to hear about you're problems. Back in 2009 on another FFH forum there were some discussions about the possible pitfalls of owning the vehicle and among them was the possibility that the dealers could not fix them. There have been a few of these cases. There have been a few "flat HVB's in the morning" in 2010's and I have had two instances of it in the last year. I'm watching it like a hawk. The Battery Energy Control Module ( BECM ) is a suspect. I'll take a picture of it and take it in if it happens again. I had recently disconnected the 12 vdc battery to do a hard reset of the Sync to improve my cell phone connection which seems to have worked. A few days later I had the low HVB. It hasn't happened since. The day before as I was nearing home after a 15 mile drive, I noticed the HVB to be almost full which never occurs on this drive. I wondered if I was having a re-conditioning event but energy would come out of the HVB which doesn't happen in those events until they're over.

Could you list the VIN in case somebody shows up with it here again?

VIN is the vehicle identification number. If somebody shows up here with the same problems in the future, it might be the same car.

VIN is the vehicle identification number. If somebody shows up here with the same problems in the future, it might be the same car.

Of course. However, I didn't know people actually posted them on open forums, nor am I sure about the ethics of such. What if someone actually fixes the problem after tinkering with it, or even spends a great deal of money to do so? It's just interesting that some advise against posting a VIN of a currently owned car... Not wanting to debate, just commenting.