smr2112

Great Deals on Plug-Ins!

I don't normally cross-post, but was at my dealer getting an oil change and speak 2 hours with my

former sales guy...he was so nice and open, I thought I would share this again.

So looking at getting a 2017 FFE (Platinum). The overall incentives and pricing are very aggressive. One incentive is based

on taking a Ford loan - non 0.0% rate. I had been planning to pay cash outright plus my trade, but for the extra

$500 or so, I'd take the loan and pay it off ASAP. I have another $750 personal offer from Ford, plus the dealers are

getting alot of incentives too.

If you are interested in anything plug-in (PHEV) or all electric like the Focus, there are alot of Ford incentives.

Plus a Federal tax credit of $4007 for the Energi and many states have rebates too. Pennsylvania has a $2000

(cash to you!) rebate, but there are only 250 of these for 2016, but many still remain - otherwise a $1000 rebate.

Not much for the hybrids, but if you plug it in, you can get a great deal!

When you figure that all in and take the incentives sends directly to you. That knocks the price of the $43k+ Ford

Fusion Energi Platinum, fully loaded down $10,000+ - which is great compared to what it was a few years ago.

Also if you factory order, incentives hold or can improve, but won't get worse. Don't think that was the case a few

years ago, but sales guy said it has always been that way.

The sales guy, who I bought my 2013 FFH from and met with gave me the full details of how pricing from Ford and

dealer incentives work. He was amazingly honest and alot of it I knew. He said car costs/pricing/profit is a a new

ball game over the past few year. Dealerships are no longer looking to maximize profit on every car, it's their

overall numbers that matter to get their holdbacks.

The $1000 SmartBonus Cash - or whatever they call it - the dealers get like 6 of them per time period and can pick 6

vehicles of their choice to assign them too - but once assigned, they stay with the car, cannot move of change and

even if the car is traded to another, it goes with the car and the dealer loses it. Interesting...