Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rattle (and how I stopped it)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

For a while I thought there was something loose inside the driver's side B-pillar and it was extremely annoying. Every time I went over bumps or simply gave the gas pedal a little more pressure, I'd hear a clacking noise coming from the B-pillar area. The Premium ESP unfortunately doesn't cover rattles, so I was getting ready to use a third party mechanic, until a friend helped me diagnose exactly where the noise was coming from.

It wasn't actually the B-pillar. It was the bottom part of the seat belt, the piece that attaches to the floor (circled in red in the attached photo). It was constantly knocking against the plastic bottom part of my seat, producing the rattle that was driving me crazy for over a month.

I've solved the problem for now by sticking a piece of soft foam to the plastic bottom part of the driver's seat, so that the seat belt knocks against that instead and produces almost no sound. It works, but it's kinda ugly and eventually that double sided tape will lose its stickyness and the foam will fall off. 

Anyone have a more elegant and permanent solution? 

Attached Files

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

A piece of window weather strip (foam) wrapped around the top half of that seat belt pod might do the trick and not look as intrusive.

• hermans and machoman1337 like this

#3 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

You might try putting one of those felt pads you put on the bottom of chair legs on the side of the seat belt pod.  I doubt you would even see it.

• Texasota and machoman1337 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·