Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tesla driver killed in crash while using car's 'Autopilot'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Automate

Automate

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 102 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

"Joshua D. Brown, of Canton, Ohio, died in the accident May 7 in Williston, Florida, when his car's cameras failed to distinguish the white side of a turning tractor-trailer from a brightly lit sky and didn't automatically activate its brakes, according to government records obtained Thursday."

http://bigstory.ap.o...h-florida-first

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

I still want self-driving cars to become mainstream, but at the same time I believe all self-driving cars should allow a human to manually override the controls if worst comes to worst, and this incident certainly makes a case for that. 

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#3 OFFLINE   airbusguy

airbusguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

He could have braked easily but one news source said watching a DVD prevented him from seeing the problem!
I like the FFH's use of radar to sense approaching objects but it is annoying when it starts to brake for a cyclist on the shoulder - along with the collision alert!

210489.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·