Sign in to follow this  
ByteMe

2015 Ford Fusion HyTi - Subwoofer / Bass cuts off in EV Mode

Folks,

I thought I was going crazy but what i am going to explain has witnesses.

I am an audiophile I have a very sensitive ear when it comes to good sound. I have a degree in audio engineering and sat behind a mixing console for some time as well. So up until now I swore up and down that I would notice a drop in bass levels periodically through my drive. This is extremely noticeable when playing bluetooth audio. Not so much in Radio or Satellite. Soo I finally got down to to diagnosing this and I have noticed when playing a bass track that when in EV Mode the BASS/Subwoofer cuts out. When ICE is running all is good. I had two of my friends with me to witness this so I am not going crazy.

Also, I could have sworn that I saw a thread here that talks about it and what to do to fix it. I like to thump when listening to the radio so I would like to know the answers to the following two questions;

1) Why is this happening?

2) What can be done to stop it or where is the link to the thread that talks about it?

Any help would be graciously appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

PS - I posted this in the AUDIO thread as well.

My guess would be ANC (Automatic Noise Cancellation). Great stuff. It is increasing the bass when the ICE is on to drown out the engine noise.