Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rear bumper replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheMgnt

TheMgnt

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

I got rear ended yesterday. Nothing major, but I have a license plate imprint now on my rear bumper. If my car was older I might let it slide but right now it's just going to irk me every time I see it. It's a 2014 HyTi.

My questions are:

- Do replacement bumpers come painted or will the body shop need to do this?

- Someone mentioned that the paint on these plastic parts have an additive which allows it to flex. If they don't have that in the paint it will crack in the winter. Is this true?

My last car got rear ended as well, but there was damage to the metal. The body shop must not have used any rust proofing because after two years I started getting rust bubbles on the replaced parts. I did take it back and they fixed it, but it all came back. Pissed me off and led to to replacing that 10 year old car with the fusion. I really don't want to see crack form in the paint two years from now...

Any other thoughts or advice welcome.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

Since you were rear ended, why not charge everything to the other driver's insurance policy? That'll teach him/her the importance of a safe following distance... there is literally no excuse for rear-ending someone else unless you were suddenly incapacitated and not in control of your actions. 99% of the time it's distracted driving that causes this.

As for whether or not they're painted, I believe you can order the bumper to be painted to match before it arrives. No idea about the additives.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#3 OFFLINE   TheMgnt

TheMgnt

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

The cost will definitely be covered by their insurance. My concern was the paint and cracking (and my frustration with the last time I took a car into a body shop). When I brought the car in for an estimate I asked about the paint. He said it's not likely they'll have two mixes of the same paint, it's all going to be the same. Which makes sense. And I can't remember the last time I saw a car with cracked paint unless it was some old beater.

#4 OFFLINE   devinron

devinron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

Paint cracking is something not normal especially if your car is not old. I would bring iit back to the dealer.

Edited by devinron, 06 April 2017 - 10:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·