Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

A/C compressor won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jsolan

jsolan

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 194 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

So the weather is finally warming up here in PA enough to turn on the AC.  I turned it on earlier this week and it just blew hot air.  I set it to max A/C and the same thing happened.

I pulled up the "battery flow" screen and see that the "climate" area is not registering anything.  I also can't hear the normally loud compressor.

I've tried popping the terminals in the front of the car under the hood.  That reset my EV+ locations but didn't seem to help anything else.

Is there anything else I can try?  I'm taking the car to the dealer for state inspection next week so I can get them to look at it, I'd just prefer to save myself the several hundred dollar bill that the dealer will most likely charge for diagnosing the issue if I can possibly do it myself.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Sadly you're probably SOL :( These modern cars are pretty complex and it might require disassembly from the interior to repair, even if it's just a minor short. 

Fears of this type of thing are why I bought an extended warranty (premium ESP) last summer ($2000 CAD to extend it another four years to 2019 or until it hits 100,000 km, whichever comes first). So far my invoices show that I "saved" a little over $200 during my last dealer visit (TSB for squeaky power window motors, rattle in driver's side door, creaky trunk). Hopefully I don't have to "save" any more money but if worst comes to worst, at least I'm covered.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·