Sign in to follow this  
jsolan

A/C compressor won't turn on

So the weather is finally warming up here in PA enough to turn on the AC. I turned it on earlier this week and it just blew hot air. I set it to max A/C and the same thing happened.

I pulled up the "battery flow" screen and see that the "climate" area is not registering anything. I also can't hear the normally loud compressor.

I've tried popping the terminals in the front of the car under the hood. That reset my EV+ locations but didn't seem to help anything else.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm taking the car to the dealer for state inspection next week so I can get them to look at it, I'd just prefer to save myself the several hundred dollar bill that the dealer will most likely charge for diagnosing the issue if I can possibly do it myself.

Sadly you're probably SOL :( These modern cars are pretty complex and it might require disassembly from the interior to repair, even if it's just a minor short.

Fears of this type of thing are why I bought an extended warranty (premium ESP) last summer ($2000 CAD to extend it another four years to 2019 or until it hits 100,000 km, whichever comes first). So far my invoices show that I "saved" a little over $200 during my last dealer visit (TSB for squeaky power window motors, rattle in driver's side door, creaky trunk). Hopefully I don't have to "save" any more money but if worst comes to worst, at least I'm covered.