Isresistancefutile?

Trailer hitch on 08 SEL 4

I will take delivery of my new - company issue - 08 Fusion SEL 4cyl sometime in January and I want to take advantage of a holiday shipping offer at eTrailer.com to order a hitch.

Has anyone installed a hitch on a Fusion sedan? Please provide a forun link or other details. eTrailer provides clear instructions, but I'd like to know up front if I have to drill in the spare tire area or if there are existing mounting holes in 08 models.

I will take delivery of my new - company issue - 08 Fusion SEL 4cyl sometime in January and I want to take advantage of a holiday shipping offer at eTrailer.com to order a hitch.

Has anyone installed a hitch on a Fusion sedan? Please provide a forun link or other details. eTrailer provides clear instructions, but I'd like to know up front if I have to drill in the spare tire area or if there are existing mounting holes in 08 models.

I haven't instaled one but the instructions mention drilling on two and one mentiones notchingthe fascia.

and if you do tow anything with it and it is an automatic make sure you get a trans cooler for it. the stock auto in the 4 cyl is not going to be strong enough to tow much and will heat up very fast.

and if you do tow anything with it and it is an automatic make sure you get a trans cooler for it. the stock auto in the 4 cyl is not going to be strong enough to tow much and will heat up very fast.

Hitch : www.valleyindustries.com 3500lbs rated

you also need a special converter for your lights because Fusion use Delta signals ( means only one wire for all flasher)

He's only doing this to mount a bike rack. Nobody is stupid enough to tow with a 4 cyl, right? :wacko:

Edited by fusionff

Towed with a Dodge Colt, Plymouth Sundance, Honda CRV, Honda Element, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford Focus. All 4 cyl. No heating up, no problems. So what is YOUR major malfunction?

He's only doing this to mount a bike rack. Nobody is stupid enough to tow with a 4 cyl, right? wacko.gif

Towed with a Dodge Colt, Plymouth Sundance, Honda CRV, Honda Element, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford Focus. All 4 cyl. No heating up, no problems. So what is YOUR major malfunction?

Doubt he remembers from 5 years ago...

Maybe he missed that the thread is 5 years old. Or maybe he just wanted to use the term your major malfunction. And maybe he doesn't realize a bike rack is a bike rack and that the fusion o&m says do not tow.

I wonder if the OP will be back to read this updated thread. ?