Sign in to follow this  
Howie411

Bluetooth Settings on Android Phones

So with the newer version of Android OS you can select 4 options when you connect Bluetooth devices: (they are all on by default if they are available)

Call Audio

Media Audio

Contact Sharing

Message Access

When you sync your phone with MyFord Touch there is a problem in which Media Audio turns on by default which messes with any 3rd party Nav Apps.

So say I'm using WAZE or GoogleMaps. I hear no audio if Media Audio is turned on unless (I turn MyFord Touch to Bluetooth). This is a problem.

So as an example. I'm listening to the Radio or my USB drive, and I'm using Google Maps. I won't hear any turn by turn audio as the phone is trying to send it to Bluetooth which isn't selected. Now if I turn Media Audio off, the turn by turn directions come out of the phone speakers which is how I want it. If I turn MyFord Touch to Bluetooth, I will hear the audio from the speakers, but then I can't listen to music etc.

This is recent as of Android Marshmallow. (Android 6).

This isn't a big deal since I can turn it off, but this never happened before, so not sure what changed.