Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Mileage (MPG) Dropped

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 689 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

After 22,850 miles my lifetime hand calculated MPG is 45.2 while driving primarily in Minnesota. This is without purchasing premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, a scan gauge, grill blockers, attaching angle irons to the bottom of the transmission or running with 51 PSI in the tires. My MPG is 1.7 MPG less than yours but I also spend less dollars/mile and this is achieved with driving techniques that are not dangerous/annoying to other motorists.

Unfortunately, many of your posts are a disservice to members of this forum who are looking for common sense help with their FFHs. Excellent MPG can be achieved relatively easily in a FFH without resorting to the nonsense you continue to advocate.

If you use EPA # you are only getting 4mpg better as to  I'm getting 10mpg better than EPA#. :shift:  :)   BTW I use 50psi. :)

Some members come here looking for help with their FE problems and I give them options that have worked for me for 122K mi. I also drove 2014 FFH for month and did testing on it to prove my ideas worked for FFH also.  I don't see you offering any solutions for FFH members with FE problems. IMO :)

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

If you use EPA # you are only getting 4mpg better as to  I'm getting 10mpg better than EPA#. :shift:  :)   BTW I use 50psi. :)
Some members come here looking for help with their FE problems and I give them options that have worked for me for 122K mi. I also drove 2014 FFH for month and did testing on it to prove my ideas worked for FFH also.  I don't see you offering any solutions for FFH members with FE problems. IMO :)

Paul

You are right about members coming here for ideas to improve on FE and while some of your advice is valuable I personally think you are overachieving for the majority of people reading it.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#23 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Paul

No question some of your ideas will absolutely help people improve their mileage.  The thing I have issue with is you most often don't mention the tradeoffs, like saying there is "no reason not run at 50psi" and "grill blockers can be used all the time", or that fuel injector cleaner is going to significantly help someone with only 10,000 miles on the car.  Just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work or is the best solution for everyone.  I also don't believe that anyone could ever "prove" anything based on testing one vehicle out on public roads.  Even the EPA testing isn't done with just one car, at least three different vehicles are always used.

Edited by Waldo, 11 February 2016 - 08:53 AM.

• hybridbear likes this

#24 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

I fixed the spelling error in the title & moved this thread to the appropriate section.

• ptjones likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#25 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:26 AM

No question some of your ideas will absolutely help people improve their mileage.  The thing I have issue with is you most often don't mention the tradeoffs, like saying there is "no reason not run at 50psi"  Interesting "Michelin's Rep said that if I was getting even tire wear at 50psi then that would be the pressure he would recommend" there are alot of  members on FFH and CMAX forums using higher pressures 35-38psi and "grill blockers can be used all the time", or that fuel injector cleaner is going to significantly help someone with only 10,000 miles on the car. Probably not, but it is a cheap solution if it works and it doesn't hurt to try.  Just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work or is the best solution for everyone. Maybe or maybe not, you don't know until you try. :)   I also don't believe that anyone could ever "prove" anything based on testing one vehicle out on public roads. I know there are about ten FFH members  that have my Grill Covers and alot  more that have made their own or are using foam blockers.  Even the EPA testing isn't done with just one car, at least three different vehicles are always used.   Actually 85% of EPA testing is done by the manufacturers on chassis dinos per EPA specs and this is where FORD got into trouble with CMAX/FFH MPG #.  EPA doesn't drive cars around to see what MPG's they get. :shift:  :) 

Paul 

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#26 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 981 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

I'm going to be doing long duration climbing I will remove lower Grill Cover and put it back on for the decent. 

This is exactly the type of thing that is not useful to the majority of members on this forum who are looking for common sense suggestions for improving fuel economy.

#27 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 981 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

I don't see you offering any solutions for FFH members with FE problems. IMO :)

Sure I do (http://fordfusionhyb...hicle/?p=102467).

#28 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

I was referring to this thread by OP and I still don't see where your link  solves any of the OP problems. ;) 

Paul 

163299.png 600 Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·