larrylwill

Mileage (MPG) Dropped

The 2010-12 Owners Guide specifically warns against using any aftermarket fuel additive and that it may void the warranty. Perhaps the later guides do the same.

The OP lives in the US Southern Atlantic region. Grill covers/blockers are an exceptionally bad idea in the south and and most everywhere else in the summer time. Ford can void your warranty if you make these type of modifications and they determine that it contributed to a failure requiring service.

Injectors seldom need cleaning anymore. The natural qualities and standard additives of almost all gasoline's keep them clean. Their precision is not required. They are pulse width modulated in a feedback system. They open all the way each cycle and the amount of fuel injected is controlled by the time they are opened. If there is a slight restriction in the flow, the system just makes it longer.

These few low mpg cars that we've seen have some other problem with the system which is not something cleaning the injectors will solve. IMHO.

Give us a break! One bottle will keep injectors clean for 20-30 fillups so using your $2/ fillup, you would save $30 to $50, that is a very Big Savings.

No, really, give us a break! One bottle boosts your MPG by 2, and this lasts 20-30 fillups? No way. Grill blockers year round? Nope. (Disclaimer; I blocked mine last winter, but didn't bother this year.) Super-inflated tires? No. Check my Fuelly numbers. I don't do anything, but drive the car gently, and I'm right there with you MPG-wise.

You need to get a ScanGaugeII so you can see why you don't get as good of gas mileage I do.

After 22,850 miles my lifetime hand calculated MPG is 45.2 while driving primarily in Minnesota. This is without purchasing premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, a scan gauge, grill blockers, attaching angle irons to the bottom of the transmission or running with 51 PSI in the tires. My MPG is 1.7 MPG less than yours but I also spend less dollars/mile and this is achieved with driving techniques that are not dangerous/annoying to other motorists.

Unfortunately, many of your posts are a disservice to members of this forum who are looking for common sense help with their FFHs. Excellent MPG can be achieved relatively easily in a FFH without resorting to the nonsense you continue to advocate.