Sign in to follow this  
md13ffhguy

MFT and Apps, or Why Can't We Have Nice Things?

Dear Ford,

I brought my 2014 Fusion Hybrid in for service yesterday. The check engine light was on, and there's a recall to also be performed. Your dealer was kind enough to arrange a rental for me - a pretty cool one at that! I was surprised when they offered a 2016 F-150! Very nice. The Ecoboost knocked my socks off. Smooth, quiet, and powerful.

It's not the fanciest F-150 out there. Cloth seats and no navigation - just plain old Sync. I paired my phone and it hit me... This basic beast has Applink! It was so easy and nice to control the Pandora app on my phone through the interface on the dash, or by voice!

Which leads me to wonder again... Why can't us owners with Sync with MyFord Touch have such nice things? Didn't we pay more to get the best? Applink for MFT. Is that too much to expect?

Sincerely,

Ed

P.S. What's that button for in MFT that's labeled "Install Apps..."?

This is why my next car won't be a Ford. Love everything but the electronics-more specifically the lack of support with MFT/SYNC2. It's performance and usability is on par with GPS units from 1995. I wouldn't be so bitter if I didn't think I got hoodwinked.

I wouldn't be so bitter if I didn't think I got hoodwinked.

Ha! I distinctly remember my salesman mentioning the apps available for download and the free map updates online. Lol! Should have done my homework... In other regards, however (MPG), I have no qualms. Just wish I could have back the extra cash I wasted on MFT and Navigation.