kltk1

Introduction - Hybrid will be next vehicle

Despite the slightly better advertised mpg of the Honda, I'd stay away from it. The transmission is more complicated then the Toyota/Ford hybrid transmissions.

Any resources you can point me to for knowledge on hybrids would be appreciated. We're looking at around this time in 2017 to be ready to make a purchase.

I cut my "hybrid" teeth right here on this forum. Learned an immense amount from the helpful and knowledgeable members. Read as many of the threads as you can about driving technique and how to learn from the dash displays.

If I could pass any words of wisdom to you it would be to drive the car gently but normally and do not get caught up in the OCD trap of maximizing MPGs. This forum is full of good advice. But you will also find posts that are at best lacking in common sense and at worse are dangerous to yourself, other motorists, and your car. Of course this is only my opinion.

Edited by Texasota

Depending on your commute be sure to consider the Fusion Energi. We have a 2015 Energi and most of our driving is local, allowing us to keep the ICE off for the entire trip. We have 19,000 miles on it right now with a life time average MPG of 191.

Gary