Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Defective mileage in my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Skydogz

Skydogz

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 95 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

My Fusion SE  hybrid is a 2014 and just this year the MPG dropped to the 36-38 mpg range! I never got more than 42 on average from new though.

Could it be the plugs?

"Blue Horizon"

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid

Ice Storm / Dune cloth

2.0L IVCT 14 HEV

ECVT Auto Trns Powersplit

Equipt group 500A

229359.png

Jetson Car

Fusion500.2miles

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 620 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Maybe time for some injector cleaner. It looks like to me you are doing alot of short trips so the ICE isn't warming up to operating temps, and you may have carbon buildup. ;(

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#43 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,747 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

In my opinion these cars never need injector cleaner or plugs unless it's "missing" in which case you'll also get a warning light. Is it hotter this year in Texas? If so the AC is probably the cause. Mileage tanks when the outside air passes 95º F.

#44 OFFLINE   Skydogz

Skydogz

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 95 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

I cant get over 38.2 mpg, if fact it has been 38.2 now for over a month no matter how I baby it.  42psi in tires, new air filter, full synthetic, when I get done with my drive it usually tells me I got mid 50's and a braking score from 96-98% efficient with no air on I cant figure it out.  38.2 ain't bad but I can usually get that on the highway without trying so after this last update it has me wondering.  PS it's not the brakes stopping you it's the friction and grip of tire and 50 psi in a tire is not safe, wait for the hard stop on a cold rainy day you won't feel so smart.

I had a mileage drop from 41 to 37 this summer and by raising my AC cabin temp from 72F up to 74F I have reastablished 42 mpg!

I drive a lot of short trips and am told the ICE may not be able to warm up to optimum operating temperature on short trips.

• ptjones likes this

"Blue Horizon"

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid

Ice Storm / Dune cloth

2.0L IVCT 14 HEV

ECVT Auto Trns Powersplit

Equipt group 500A

229359.png

Jetson Car

Fusion500.2miles

#45 OFFLINE   Fission

Fission

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

After 9 tanks of fuel and almost 4,000 miles, I am confident I know the real MPG vs what is displayed (both after each tank, and for "trip 1" which I have never reset since buying the car).  My overall MPG, pencil and paper, is 40.3 vs gauge 42.1, a difference of 1.8 MPG.  I do a fair amount of 70+ mph freeway driving, so am happy with 40.3.  Two questions for those who track mileage:  1. Do you see that same 1.8 delta?  Or what?  2. Is there a way for an owner to dial in the displayed mileage to more closely reflect reality?

Not a big of deal, I can most days easily subtract 1.8 from any number :) Just fun to know what others have experienced and to tinker with things.

#46 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

I have 43,000 miles on my Energi and my lifetime average according to the car is 108.9 mpg and 107.4 mpg per Fuelly.  So mine is off by 1.5.

409947.png

#47 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,747 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Many owners have found the odometer understates the distance traveled by about 2% and the computer overstates mpg by about 4% leaving a net of about 2% high or about 1 mpg. That's pretty close as car companies go. Plan a GPS route, note the mileage and set a trip counter to check your odometer.

• ptjones likes this

#48 OFFLINE   Fission

Fission

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Great point on that, and it can even vary a little with tire wear.  I actually did what you suggest.  In my case, distance traveled according to a hand-held GPS is dead-nuts on with the car's display for a 50 mile trip.  My tires are just about worn out.

The speed displayed by the car is 1 mph faster than the actual speed per the GPS.  Interestingly to me at least, the difference doesn't seem to be proportional to speed.  1 mph difference when driving 30 mph, and 1 mph difference when driving 80 mph.

Edited by Fission, 15 September 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#49 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 617 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Just fun to know what others have experienced

Mine displays approximately 2 mpg more than measured. I stopped checking that a long time ago. Like, what do I really care...

#50 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 941 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Mine displays approximately 2 mpg more than measured. I stopped checking that a long time ago. Like, what do I really care...

Mine was similar. The trip computers were about 2.25 optimistic compared to hand calculation over the first ~20,000 miles. Stopped tracking it long ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·