Jacksonjd01

Defective mileage in my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

I'm sure the Michelin rep knows all about these cars and why Ford recommended the psi set to whatever and how braking, handling, ride and WEAR are affected by deviating from that recommendation. Or maybe he just wants you to buy Michelins...

It's not normal and your car is defective. It may be the one poster acdii got rid of. Escalate this problem up the appeals chain with Ford. Plugs do not need replacing until 100,000 miles and last a lot longer than that. Maybe you can contact acdii and see what his VIN number was.

Edited by lolder

I have a 2013 and 34 seems about right. I have tried everything. from running 55psi in tires. even bought a new 12v battery because I was told that may help. I do have to change the plugs every 20000 miles because they get fouled from soot. ford dealer says that's normal.

I disagree with this statement.

We have a 2013 SE and we are averaging 42.8mpgs for the lifetime of the car and routinely get over 45mpg. We have had as high as 55mpg (summertime in town) and as low as 36mpg (wintertime on highway).

Plugs do not need to be changed untill 100,000 miles. I have pulled a plug and had the dealer look at them during the last oil change and they still look fine.

Some of the 2013 Job 1 FFH had issues with mpgs and a number were purchased back from the dealer.

I don't think the OP will be able to have that done since the car is 3 years old.

In my opinion these cars never need injector cleaner or plugs unless it's "missing" in which case you'll also get a warning light. Is it hotter this year in Texas? If so the AC is probably the cause. Mileage tanks when the outside air passes 95º F.

Many owners have found the odometer understates the distance traveled by about 2% and the computer overstates mpg by about 4% leaving a net of about 2% high or about 1 mpg. That's pretty close as car companies go. Plan a GPS route, note the mileage and set a trip counter to check your odometer.

Mine displays approximately 2 mpg more than measured. I stopped checking that a long time ago. Like, what do I really care...

Mine was similar. The trip computers were about 2.25 optimistic compared to hand calculation over the first ~20,000 miles. Stopped tracking it long ago.