Hybrider

2017 FFH Photos from Ford

I'm pretty sure these photos from the build-and-price at ford.com are showing the White Gold color darker than it really looks. The build-and-price coloring on the Fusions has historically not been very accurate at all.

I have seen some shots of the White Gold that make it look very close to the previous Tectonic color.

So until you actually see these colors on the dealer's lots, it is anyone's guess what they will actually look like in comparison.

I'd be interested to know if there are any changes to the powertrain...

I don't believe there are any major differences for the FFH. The 2017 web pages say the same old "hybrid 2.0L I-4 Atkinson-cycle powertrain".

The major news for Fusion powertrains is the twin-turbo V6 (2.7L), which will now be available in the "gas" Fusion Sport.

Edited by Hybrider

However, gizmag.com did make this comment below about the 2017 FFH and FFE:

New electric motors will replace the current motors used in the hybrids, which should improve all-electric range and fuel economy in both electrified Fusion models.

And Ford does say this below in their press release:

New software in both hybrids delivers an even more refined and engaging drive for customers, while more efficient electric motors are expected to contribute to better fuel economy and a purer range of electric driving

Now what is this "purer range" they speak of? :kookie: :doh:

Edited by Hybrider

Now what is this "purer range" they speak of? :kookie: :doh:

Sound like marketing speak! Like trying to imply, but not making any promises. I wonder what the EPA estimates will be for MPG...