Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Fusion

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

The current collision alert system has only been a distraction to me so far, it has alerted on MANY occasions; only once has it sounded off when there was a potential collision, and I was already aware and in the process of braking; every other time is was detecting a car that was turning out of my path and was not a potential collision at all.  

Given the "false alarms" that you described are you concerned that a full time automatic braking system would frequently engage the brakes creating a situation worse than the distraction that you now have?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   marklally

marklally

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 34 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

No, I'm not concerned. The system that I am talking about would require an additional sensor to compliment the radar that the adaptive cruise uses ( a camera most likely). The system would also require a great deal of code, but I'm confident that Ford could develop a good system, considering how well the adaptive cruise works using just the radar.

• Texasota likes this

#43 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

they force you to endure leather seats to get adaptive cruise, for me, this is a deal killer. 

IIRC, on the SE model you can select "ecocloth" seats in the luxury package instead of leather, and still get all the tech minus the premium stereo (aka you can get adaptive cruise).

If that still holds true for 2017 you're in luck.

• marklally likes this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#44 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

No, I'm not concerned. The system that I am talking about would require an additional sensor to compliment the radar that the adaptive cruise uses ( a camera most likely). The system would also require a great deal of code, but I'm confident that Ford could develop a good system, considering how well the adaptive cruise works using just the radar.

Those systems are still a few years out, you can't really count on a camera because there are so many road/environmental variations out there.  The current lane keep system uses a camera and if you've used that, you know that it's really only fully working about 50% of the time.  That's why all the autonomous driving development out there is relying in lidar technology.

• hybridbear and marklally like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·