B25Nut

2017 Fusion

I just spotted that the Daytime Running Lights are back to being a fleet only option. So it will be back to battling dealers to get it enabled. :(

The DRLs are listed in the same manner in both the 2015 and the 2016 Fusion Order Guides, under the "Fleet Only Options" section of options.

I would expect there will still be the option in the Settings menus on the 2017 FFHs to enable/disable the DRLs, just as there is in the 2015 and 2016 FFHs.

There are a LOT of things on a car that don't do anything good for the way the car functions. But people don't buy ugly cars.

Well over 1,498,616 Toyota Priuses have been sold since 2000.

Okay, I see that the good looking front end comes on the S thru Titanium trims, so the Fusion is back in the running for my next car.

Ford has seemed to fix the cars biggest flaws also, like "my ford touch" and the real estate stealing gear shifter; I could never understand why car manufactures are still wasting space with these useless objects (unless it's a manual transmission of course).

My only two hang up's now is (per the configure tab) the fact that they force you to endure leather seats to get adaptive cruise, for me, this is a deal killer.

The only thing that also gives me pause is that the car still does not have auto braking collision avoidance.

The adaptive cruise system ( which has been available for four years now) seems to have about 75% of the needed hardware and software to run such a system (i'm guessing a camera will be needed also) it makes me wonder what is taking so long for Ford to come out with this. Ford has already committed to making this standard equipment and Subaru and Mazda have already made it available.

Does anyone out there know when Ford will be releasing their own REAL collision braking system?

Edited by marklally

I did see that I spelled " braking" correctly once and once incorrectly, my bad.

My current Fusion has adaptive cruise, and yes, I am very aware that it will brake automatically when cruise control in engaged. It's because of this fact that I know that I want a system that will do this even when the cruise control is not engaged.

I was once in a situation when the car applied the brakes quite hard before I was even aware that there was a potential collision (I was distracted by other traffic), It was at that point that I contemplated what might have happened, had I not had the adaptive cruise engaged.

This is why I want my next car to have an active auto braking system that is always on.

The current collision alert system has only been a distraction to me so far, it has alerted on MANY occasions; only once has it sounded off when there was a potential collision, and I was already aware and in the process of braking; every other time is was detecting a car that was turning out of my path and was not a potential collision at all.

Edited by marklally

The current collision alert system has only been a distraction to me so far, it has alerted on MANY occasions; only once has it sounded off when there was a potential collision, and I was already aware and in the process of braking; every other time is was detecting a car that was turning out of my path and was not a potential collision at all.

Given the "false alarms" that you described are you concerned that a full time automatic braking system would frequently engage the brakes creating a situation worse than the distraction that you now have?

No, I'm not concerned. The system that I am talking about would require an additional sensor to compliment the radar that the adaptive cruise uses ( a camera most likely). The system would also require a great deal of code, but I'm confident that Ford could develop a good system, considering how well the adaptive cruise works using just the radar.